Is this true??? has anyone tried?? its an interesting myth which got to me through a friend!

Discuss

(?)

Ivan!

Proghead+Metalhead= ME

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

URL=http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ar gentina
I've run my acoustic through a keyboard amp that I use as a bass amp, and it sounds how I like it. I guess it's a matter of taste. It gives you a "fat" sound, if you will.
Apparently so. Makes sense I spose, a bass amp pushes the lower frequencies more, and a large amount of why an acoustic is so rich is because of the lower frequencies it has, so it gives a more accurate representation of 'coostic tone.
Quote by minibrowny
Apparently so. Makes sense I spose, a bass amp pushes the lower frequencies more, and a large amount of why an acoustic is so rich is because of the lower frequencies it has, so it gives a more accurate representation of 'coostic tone.

what about those high acoustic characteristical tones?? that "crisp" in higher strings?
Ivan!

Proghead+Metalhead= ME

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

URL=http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ar gentina
a bass amp has quite a flat frequency response compared with a normal guitar amp.

this means it reproduces the acoustic sounds more accurately. also, an acoustic amp would work well, somehting like a peavey kb/ac300.
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...
Quote by ivan_2894
what about those high acoustic characteristical tones?? that "crisp" in higher strings?

Well obviously, I was only choosing one example. I was saying how bass amps can be good for it, and since bass amps aren't exactly known for they're high frequencies then it has no relevance as it wasn't a criticism
I've plugged my Ibanez into a ****ty practice Hartke and it sounded sick.
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.