Page 1 of 2
I figured I would list my rig, so that we could swap and discuss tone. I'm into modern rock/80s/alternative/pop rock. I'm the lead guitarist of my band, but also do a lot of rhythm. I've been playing well over 13 years with 3 bands under my belt, a solo project and some recordings. I see myself as the aftermath of Tremonti, Sambora and Slash.

Electric:
ESP LTD EC 400 (EMG 81/61)
Gibson SG (Dimarzio Evo/Breed)
Marshall JTM 60 (60 watt tube 212 combo w/ Celestion Heritage speakers and Groove Tubes)

Acoustic:
Taylor 314CE acoustic/electric
Fishman Loudbox Performer Acoustic Combo Amp

EFX:

Boss DSD-2 Sampler Delay, Boss TU-2 Tuner, Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb, Dunlop Crybaby 535Q Multi-Wah, Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer, MXR M-101 Phase 90 and Amp Switch.

Thoughts? What's your rig? EXP? What's your style? Sound?
Electric: Fender 50th Aniv. Strat
Epiphone Les Paul

Bass: 1983 Fender P-Bass

Amps: Peavey 5150 Combo
Fender Rumble 100

Pedals: Boss Flanger
Boss NS-2
Boss DD3 Delay
Boss OS-2
Maxon OD-808
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Crybaby
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
ESP KH-2
Gibson SG Standard
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall DSL50
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange 4x12 w/ Vintage 30s

Quote by druz15_UG
LPDave wins the internet!!!
Post rock/experimental/noise and some Indieish stuff. And it's in my sig.
Sound = clean and sparkly most of the time (EITS?)
EXP= 4 years, 1 band, bedroom player at the moment.
These go to eleven...
Last edited by JimPlaysGuitar at May 23, 2008,
Guitars:
Washburn P290 w/ Washburn P100 in neck and DiMarzio DP164 Deluxe 90 Soapbar (coil splitting) in bridge
Washburn Strat Copy w/ DiMarzio PAF Pro in bridge (coil splitting) and a killswitch
1962 Silvertone 1448L
1980s Fender Jazz Bass Special
1964 Silvertone SS 150 Amp. (great cleans, no distortion)

FX:
Planet waves tuner>Homemade TubeScreamer>Homemade Rat> Homemade (double) Octave Down> Homemade Octave Up> Dual Faisal Inducted Crybaby (red or yellow via switch) w/6 way rotatry to adjust frequency, Q-pot, and "thickness" pot> 1970s MXR Envelope Filter (for my bass)>Danelectro Cool Cat stereo chorus.

All effects can be true bypassed with a homemade dual bypass box. Everything before the wah is in loop 1 which feeds into loop 2 (series).

Saving up for a nice tube head, but college is cutting into that fund.
Style - Most everything: Rock, jazz blues, metal, classical, country, prog, etc
Main Influences: Marty Friedman, Satriani, Vai, Rhoads
Sound: Bluesy/Jazzy, Very Legato, Lots of Mids
EXP: 3 years, 2 bands, no recordings (for now)

Electric:
Jackson DKMG (EMG 81/85)
ESP F-50 (DiMarzio D-Activators)
Carvin V3
Marshall Original JCM 800 Series1960A 412 Cabinet (with 65 Watt celestions)

Acoustic:
Yamaha (Unknown model)

EFX:
Boss CS-5(I'm pretty sure its the CS-5)
Boss BF-2 Flanger
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
Quote by bass-man9712
after i clicked all i could think was "please don't be goatse, please dont be goatse"

PSN: Effigyoferebus (feel free to add it)
I use a Donkey, a waffle, and a toaster. And I play neo-classical-modern-alternative-vintage-two-tone-death-metal-folk-vegetarian-progressive-grindcore.

Seriously though, it's in my profile. I think this has done before but they all die eventually, so meh.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
^^Oh yeah? Well, I play post-neo-classical-modern-alternative-vintage-two-tone-death-metal-folk-vegan-progressive-grindcore.
I've got the NS-2. Its alright, I might try out one of the MXR suppressors, or a Rocktron. I can't seem to get a really good setting on it, its like either it lets way too much through, or it cuts some of my sustain. Sometimes it seems to work great, sometimes I don't even bother using it.
Quote by bass-man9712
after i clicked all i could think was "please don't be goatse, please dont be goatse"

PSN: Effigyoferebus (feel free to add it)
Quote by Roc8995
^^Oh yeah? Well, I play post-neo-classical-modern-alternative-vintage-two-tone-death-metal-folk-vegan-progressive-grindcore.

Foiled again
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
I generally play metal 90% of the time, other then that a little blues and classic rock here and there.

Amps
Peavey: Ultra Plus 120 Head
Randall: RH100 Head
Peavey: Valveking 100w Head
Zinky Smokey Amp: RECYCLED CIGARETTE PACK
Boss: MA1 Mascot Mini Amp

Cab
Marshall: 1960b Cab

Effects/Rack Gear
MXR: M108 10 Band EQ
Isp: Decimator
Digitech: Bad Monkey
ProTone: T.V. Delay
ProTone: Body Rot
Gator: Pedal Board with G-Bus Power Supply
SKB: 5U Roadcase
Furman: Power Conditioner
Gator: Pedal Board
CryBaby: Wah

Guitars
ESP: KH-503 (EMG 81's)
Ibanez: RG560 (Project)

Picture of the Rig

Last edited by IbanezPsycho at May 23, 2008,
i have the best rig on earth peavy rage 158 with a crazy phsyco metal core distortion pedal. and o yeah me axe squire fat strat beat that ibanez phsyco, you and your closet sized setup got nothin on me mine is portable.
Quote by wretchedspawn
i have the best rig on earth peavy rage 158 with a crazy phsyco metal core distortion pedal. and o yeah me axe squire fat strat beat that ibanez phsyco, you and your closet sized setup got nothin on me mine is portable.

Mines even more portable and smaller....
Pretty much as small as a pack of cigarettes but yet powerful enough to power a 4x12 cab. Say hello to my Zinky Smokey Amp: RECYCLED CIGARETTE PACK...

Psycho FTW
Not complete, but not far off. I'll be getting an live-in amp and rack case to get everything really nice and neat. Should be a doddle to set up at gigs and whatever..

This:

Plugged into this:

Metro/Marshal JTM45
Mesa Boogie vertical slant 2x12
Fender '97 strat Plus
Ibanez AFS75
Monsterpiece NPN/PNP Two Headed Monster
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by Nolly
Not complete, but not far off. I'll be getting an live-in amp and rack case to get everything really nice and neat. Should be a doddle to set up at gigs and whatever..

This:

Plugged into this:

Smooth gear man.. Best part is the lonely ole tubescreamer sitting down there by its lonesome... Just shows you that even amongst all that studio quality gear it still holds its own...
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Smooth gear man.. Best part is the lonely ole tubescreamer sitting down there by its lonesome... Just shows you that even amongst all that studio quality gear it still holds its own...

Can't beat a decent tubescreamer clean boosting a cooking metal amp for sheer brutality.
Quote by Nolly

This:

Plugged into this:

nice black machine. bastards aint got any spaces for 1 year. have to get a ran guitar
Quote by Nolly

That wall color is simply horrid with that carpeting.

-nice gear though
Quote by guitar/bass76

-nice gear though

Lmao! I was thinking the same thing... At first i thought it was an optical illusion and his gear was on his bed. Then i realized it was his floor.
Quote by tuwyci
nice black machine. bastards aint got any spaces for 1 year. have to get a ran guitar

Yup sorry man, I've taken two of the spaces..

Quote by guitar/bass76

eh? I like it...
I'm pretty satisfied...I've got my own handmade Tele plugged into a Boss Octave, Roland Delay, and then a Peavey Heritage VTX 212. The Peavey's sound is the warm, boxy tone of an AC30 and I just love it. I plan to get a Digitech Metal Master to beef it up and make it capable of heavier stuff.
Quote by Nolly
Yup sorry man, I've taken two of the spaces..

eh? I like it...

Its cool, dont get me wrong, but i dont think i could ever play metal in that room. Its to bright and cheery.. lol
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Its cool, dont get me wrong, but i dont think i could ever play metal in that room. Its to bright and cheery.. lol

Haha no worries man, doesn't bother me!
Quote by Nolly
eh? I like it...

I was only trying to find something to criticize, in light of such nice gear I had to take rather desperate measures

Is your footswitch propped up on magazines?
Quote by guitar/bass76
Is your footswitch propped up on magazines?

Yup, the thing weighs a fair bit, even with "brain" bit removed. It'd dent the carpet pretty badly..
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
Squier J Bass
Rogue Dreadnought

Amps:
Line 6 Spider III 15
Fender Rumble 15
Peavey TKO 115

Pedal:
Boss Metal Zone

Drums:
Yamaha Tour Custom w/ Sabian cymbals
CB MX700 travel set..

thought i'd throw in my drums(since im a drummer)

Alex
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
SX Telecaster
Rogue Deadnought
Squier J Bass

Amps:
Peavey TKO 115
Line 6 Spider III 15 watt
Fender Rumble 15

Drums:
Yamaha, Lugwig, Pearl, CB Drums
Sabian Cymbals
Yamaha Hardware
Quote by Nolly

This:

Plugged into this:

I was going to post until I saw that. I skeeted a little.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
I was going to post until I saw that. I skeeted a little.

"Skeeted"? I guess that's a complement..

Couple more pics of the guitar for those interested:

Quote by Nolly

This:

Plugged into this:

yeah, uhh, your room is ugly and I hate you. :stickpoke

lol, sickkkkkk rig man.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
yeah, uhh, your room is ugly and I hate you. :stickpoke

lol, sickkkkkk rig man.

Cheers! You've got some rather tasty stuff as well mate!

Last edited by Nolly at May 24, 2008,
Quote by Nolly
Cheers! You've got some rather tasty stuff as well mate!

thanks man, but that rig you have there is pure win with a side of awesome sauce.

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
thanks man, but that rig you have there is pure win with a side of awesome sauce.

Oh dear, not a "No, honestly, your penis is bigger than mine" exchange..

Really like the clips you've done, the Krankenstein ones surprised me, first Krank clips I've heard that I like.
Ever run the Nitro in stereo with the Krankenstein?
Quote by Nolly
Oh dear, not a "No, honestly, your penis is bigger than mine" exchange..

Really like the clips you've done, the Krankenstein ones surprised me, first Krank clips I've heard that I like.
Ever run the Nitro in stereo with the Krankenstein?

thanks man

and oh man, yes, I just started running them in stereo last week. The sound is absolutely crushing, just massive. The Stein has a real grinding midrange, a sizzle on the top end with a lot of presence, and a lot of balls in the very lowend register. Slightly thinner lower mids though. The Nitro is all about lower mids, and has an aggressive upper midrange. They just fill out about every frequency of sound when combined. I'm having a hard time mic'ing 2 cabs at once though, I need to get another mic stand, and ideally 2 more mics. I got spoiled using 2 mics, it's a lot easier to capture a wider range of sound. Trying to use one mic again for each cab, I'm noticing that mic placement is a LOT more crucial. When I figure it out though, I'm going to post some clips, it's probably one of the most brutally crushing sounds I've ever heard live.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Nolly
"Skeeted"? I guess that's a complement..

I've been gassing for a VH4 forever man. Very few words could explain my desire for one of those.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Page 1 of 2