9 36%
**** the looks i love the sound
3 12%
I really dont care
4 16%
What The **** why am i reading this thread
9 36%
Voters: 25.
who here chose the SG for looks or for the tone,neck feel, and other NEEDED things that goes electronical.
Last edited by element166 at May 23, 2008,
I chose it for the looks, the high neck joint, sound and as an honour to my hero, tony iommi. (and the price...Epiphone G-400, on a budget here)
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
I bought the Iommi signature for looks and playability. The Iommi pickups and all black hardware made me go "That's the guitar for me." Plus the 24 frets are nice, adds that extra range. The pickups sound wicked when you're tuned down around C# or Drop A.
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
I got the g-400 for the look and also because it costs less than the epi les paul standard...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
i only like the G-400 that has the full pickguard. i find the small pickguard to look a bit...eh. but i like em for both the sound and looks, equally
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Quote by bjovi400
i only like the G-400 that has the full pickguard. i find the small pickguard to look a bit...eh. but i like em for both the sound and looks, equally

cool, I also think the one with the full pickgurad looks super awesome. I dont like how it looks with the half pickgruard or whatever...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
You need to add another option; I love the looks and the sound, and the feel. The SG is a beautiful guitar, and it sounds beautiful too, and the feel is perfect for me.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!