well, if there is already a thread on this, plz let me know. I´m trying to find the tone for both guitars and almost every guitar line in sweet child o mine. Though i´ve tried some combinations somehow it just doesn´t work

if it´s any help i have peavey envoy 110 amp and a boss ds-1 distortion pedal, a boss dd-3 delay and an original crybaby wah

plz, i need help in this ASAP, and again, if there is already a thread on this, let me know
All you need is a les paul and a jubilee. Good luck. A jcm800 is a good substitute.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
yeah, but i mean, like eq or something. I don´t know much about that and pickups... i can play the whole song, but i don´t know technical stuff
What kind of amp do you have now? Slash uses alnico II humbuckers, though choice of pickups is not important.
Then you aren't gonna do it. Slash's sound is built on that marshal crunch he gets from his jubilee. A marshall voiced amp and a lespaul style guitar would definately work, but I'm assuming that out of your budget.

Before you add more effects I suggest replacing your amp. Someone will come in here with better suggestions that me as I'm not expert on marshall like amps, though orange and traynor both come to mind.
Sorry it seems like I'm trying to be arrogant or crush your spirit, but I'm just laying it out simply and truthfully. I'm not saying you can't sound more like slash, but with that amp you won't get all that close.
Quote by GuitarFreak.25
well, if there is already a thread on this, plz let me know. I´m trying to find the tone for both guitars and almost every guitar line in sweet child o mine. Though i´ve tried some combinations somehow it just doesn´t work

if it´s any help i have peavey envoy 110 amp and a boss ds-1 distortion pedal, a boss dd-3 delay and an original crybaby wah

plz, i need help in this ASAP, and again, if there is already a thread on this, let me know

Well a cranked Marshall tube map would be your best bet.

However with the current set up, try getting a nice clean tone from the peavey.

Then on your DS-1 turn the
-Dist. knob all the way up
-tone almost halfway up around 9 o clock.
-level knob less than halfway.

For some added sustain, get a very subtle delay almost an echo from your DD-3. However using the delay is optional since it's not something Slash seems to use much form what i notice, but it helps the gain last a bit longer and add some depth.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at May 23, 2008,
british voiced tube amp with OD is your best bet. jubilees are what he uses now and what he used with UYI albums. but the SCOM and rest of Appetite were done with 'Stock 39'

in other words, you're not gonna get spot on EVER until you can pay about $4000 or $5000 for your own version of that marshall.

i've got a thread regarding his tone and style and i'll post the link in just a sec

slash_edit:https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=880223&highlight=noobs+want+slash%27s+tone
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out