Page 1 of 2
alright, so I know my fair share of "bisexual" people. The thing is, many of them started out straight, had several perfectly normal relationships, and then when they were 21 or so decided to try out the other sex. is this normal? does this really make them bisexual? because I also know a girl and a guy who have been attracted to both sexes since early ages, such as 13 or 14.

Are the other people only faking it? Do you think that true Bisexualism is recognisable from an early age, or do people also gradually acknowledge their tendencies? Or do they just pretend to be Bi to be "different"?
Maybe they got bored with the opposite sex. Or maybe they were faking not being bisexual
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
I believe it's genuine. Sure, I've seen 'bi sexuals', but I know friends who have had straight and gay sex whilst being in open straight or gay relationships. It's their business mind, I'm not gonna step in my foot and go 'NO YOU'RE LYING!', as I know they've been in loving relationships in both scenarios.
Maybe they didn't realize it until then?
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
I'm bi.

I like people regardless of gender, and I have done since I was 16.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by Aramis
Google Bi-curiosity.

I'm not talking about people trying out the same sex, I'm talking about people who say they are bi, but realised that very late.

EDIT: I know this girl who only started to be "bi" when friends of her did and because of the stupid Manga she was reading.
Quote by CoreysMonster
I'm not talking about people trying out the same sex, I'm talking about people who say they are bi, but realised that very late.

EDIT: I know this girl who only started to be "bi" when friends of her did and because of the stupid Manga she was reading.

A lot of people have difficulty coming out, and it can take a long time for them to be comfortable enough with themselves to come out.
I believe Bisexuality is legit.
I believe there should be no restrictions if you love someone.
Vagina + Penis, Vagina + Vagina or penis + penis shouldnt restrict you from being with someone.

You like who you like
You love who you love
Its whats inside that matters :]
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
Quote by Aramis
A lot of people have difficulty coming out, and it can take a long time for them to be comfortable enough with themselves to come out.

are you sure? Because I seriously have the feeling that many people are just jumping the "being different" bandwagon of being bi.

Of course, not all; of them.
Actually i know exactly what you mean. In my area all of the sudden everyother person, usually the "popular" or the "look at me im an attention ***** type" all of the sudden are Bi sexual. Its like the new cool thing to be, we know they arent but for some reason they post if on their myspace/facebooks/attention getting site.
Quote by IHATECHILDREN
I don't think anyone would "fake" being a different sexual orientation.

I do. A girl in my grade did it for a year. She now claims that she's "not Bi anymore".

If you're asking whether or not I think people can really be bisexual, then yes, of course they can.
Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny
Woah, woah. Back the hell up.

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Of course he got all the girls, he's Rick Astley.
I hate how so many people this narrow-minded view of sexuality, where everyone has to be labeled something, and once you are a certain sexuality you can't change, ect ect.

its just plain wrong. not only do people change constantly, by labeling yourself you only confine yourself. At the risk of sounding like a hippie, just love who it feels right to love. And respect people in who they feel its right to love.
Last edited by Marrklarr at May 23, 2008,
Quote by CoreysMonster
are you sure? Because I seriously have the feeling that many people are just jumping the "being different" bandwagon of being bi.

Of course, not all; of them.

I'd say a minority are doing it to be cool. The thing you have to remember is that everyone is different. One person might realise they're gay at a very young age, others may not realize until a lot later on. Some people my come out pretty much straight away, some people may never come out. Everyone is different.
nb4 rape.
amidoingitrite?

Serioously tho,I don't think so. Plenty of my friends are bi,my girlfriend is bi, and I know that they aren't faking. It doesn't matter when you decide,you're still bi.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
I was just curious on how people are attracted to the same gender.
I've had the same problem.

I'm actually straight but I've still seen the 'gay' arguement of things.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by Marrklarr
I hate how so many people this narrow-minded view of sexuality, where everyone has to be labeled something, and once you are a certain sexuality you can't change, ect ect.

its just plain wrong. not only do people change constantly, by labeling yourself you only confine yourself. At the risk of sounding like a hippie, just love who it feels right to love.

I myself have said on numerous occasions that there are certain men I would be gay for (Johnny Depp being one of them). And i mean that in all seriousness. Does that make me bi? I, personally, do not think so.

But the "just love who it feels right etc", I have to agree. I'm not trying to label anyone, I'm just asking if anybody else has the feeling that this "bisexual" thing is becoming more of a trend than reality.
Quote by CoreysMonster
I myself have said on numerous occasions that there are certain men I would be gay for (Johnny Depp being one of them). And i mean that in all seriousness. Does that make me bi? I, personally, do not think so.

But the "just love who it feels right etc", I have to agree. I'm not trying to label anyone, I'm just asking if anybody else has the feeling that this "bisexual" thing is becoming more of a trend than reality.

maybe it is, but either way you might get a 3some out of it, right?
Quote by Marrklarr
maybe it is, but either way you might get a 3some out of it, right?

I would not have a problem having a threesome with a guy and a chick. But that doesn't mean I would PREFER having the guy there. I'd still prefer the chick. Then again, if the guy were totally awesome...

Jesus Christ, am I gay?!?!
Quote by CoreysMonster

There's not problem behind it, I support it 100% if they feel it's right.
Don't be scared of it...

Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by CoreysMonster

haha why are you asking us :P
I believe a lot of them are genuine, but I've noticed a huge trend lately of people being bi or gay just because it's "cool." I've gotten a lot of them to admit to it, too. It's really quite sad.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
i really hate how we have to label people.

the term bi carries different meanings for different people...

most of them are barely attracted to their own gender and wouldn't really get into any kind of serious same-sex relationship... but might make out with one of them at a drunken party.

that can be said for most people really.
Rock is Dead.

Gear:
Epiphone LPC
Vox AD50VT

Whats the meanest you can be,
To the ones you claim to love,
And still smile to your newfound friends?
Quote by Marrklarr
haha why are you asking us :P

It's a rhetorical question. Because I know the Pit's answer will be "yes", and my answer will be "no". so...
Who cares?
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by ghettohobbit4
i really hate how we have to label people.

the term bi carries different meanings for different people...

most of them are barely attracted to their own gender and wouldn't really get into any kind of serious same-sex relationship... but might make out with one of them at a drunken party.

that can be said for most people really.

Of course, I know tons of chicks that have made out with chicks, but that doesn't mean that they say they're bi!

They usually say they just wanted to try it out, but I know of alot of people who say they're gay without ever really having BEEN with a chick, just havin made out with one, yaknow?
There are definitely people who are legitimately bisexual. On the other hand though, it seems that recently it has become "cool" to be bi, as part of the faux-emo-scene-hot-topic-nonconformity trend (there's an oxymoron for you). Some people who declare that they are attracted to both sexes fairly late may just have been afraid about coming out, much as many gays try to hide, ignore, or suppress their sexuality by attempting heterosexual relationships before eventually coming out. Others, though, may just be following the trend.
kill all humans
Quote by Aramis
Coreys, could you please take the "In memory of Grundy0' from your personal title, Nick is not dead, and is in fact getting better, God willing.

Stop spamming.

-SD
I have trouble believing that it is possible to be perfectly bisexual, to like both sexes as much.
To me bisexuals are just heterosexuals or homosexuals that don't really care who they have sex with. When love is concerned they would usually go towards one sex.

I just think you can't be in the middle of the sexual spectrum so to speak.

I hope that was clear...
how the **** do u fake liking the same sex???? i couldnt.
Gear:

Guitars:
ESP ltd FX-400
Epiphone les paul jr.

Amps:
Line 6 spider II combo 30 watt
Krank Rev. Jr. full stack tube.
Apart from me i don't know any other bisexuals around here so i don't know about people faking it as a trend.
Quote by zedeathmetal
how the **** do u fake liking the same sex???? i couldnt.

I know this one girl who, after reading a Mange called Saiyuki, was convinced she was attracted to girls. now, 2 years later, she admits that this was only because she thought it was different and cool, but this is a trend that I am increasingly noticing amungst youths. Not that I have anything against being bisexual, mind you.
Well I don't tend label people but most of the attention whorish people aka scene people say their bi but yea its just to get attention and yea its annoying and I want to take a chainsaw to their faces not cause their so called "bisexuality" but their OMG LOOK AT MY I LIKE GIRLS AND GUYS PAY ATTENTION TO ME attitudes.
Quote by Stress Cow
You know you're fucked up when the pit thinks you're a sick bastard.
I'm hesitant to label myself as bisexual because I don't think sexuality should be such a big part of people's identities as it appears to be these days. I don't want to be pigeonholed like that; and it's not important to me to make those kinds of declarations about my sexual orientation. It's always been completely natural to me to find both men and women physically attractive, but it's not a big deal.
I can understand some people 'adopting' bisexuality as a sort of social construct, to put across open-mindedness etc. If anything this should be understood as a sign that we are becoming less bothered about things like this, but obviously it could make people who have come out as bi in the past feel that their sexuality has been hijacked.
Last edited by rigiddigits at May 23, 2008,
Page 1 of 2