Well, here I am again...
This song come about from me tuning my guitar to Drop D to play some Chiodos/Opeth, and in the midst of this I just started screwing around and played some cool riffs, which I forgot by the time that I got around to tabbing this out... sad day. lol But I decided to keep going, so here it is. lol

I'm not sure what genre to call it really... So I'm sorry if you need that before you decide to listen to something.
It's three minutes and some seconds long.
It changes up some, and it's intended to have lyrics over the repetitive parts. lol
I'm not a drummer, so the drums as usual won't be that good.
There is no bass/won't be until a bassist writes a part for it.
I didn't spend a lot of time on this, so some of the notes aren't exactly how I played it. And of course the pinch harmonics suck in GP. lol

And, of course, leave me something and I'll leave you something. Be brutally honest too. lol
Attachments:
harder better faster stronger.zip
hey thanks for checking out my song =]

This is actually pretty cool. I personally think it would be cooler if, for this song, you re-worked it without the whacky time signatures...some people would dig it I guess, but I think it ruins some beautiful riffing. Also, those drums were EVERYWHERE and I'm not sure if thats good or bad at this point. I think you know what I mean. But this is definatly cool.
I'm sorry, but currently this song sucks.
no, it has almost nothing to do with the music either.
I just can't take you seriously with time sigs like those. they were totally unnecessary and it made the song extremely awkward. have you even tried counting this song out? I mean come on. sorry if this sounds harsh, but that seemed to so blatantly show you were trying too hard to create a "different" song and completely disregarded any kind of structure. please fix this. put it in some kind of consistent form. right now, it's just annoying.

but also don't take my advice the wrong way. different time sigs are cool if used right. I don't want you to make it all in 4/4 or something but at least keep the main parts a consistent beat that you can tap your foot to.

all time sig criticisms aside, I did like your riffs and such.

Edit: the guy above me worded it so much nicer.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
This song is freakin great, seriously, but the time signatures are in one word, annoying. It makes it alot more confusing to listen to.
I can see alot of pontetial here.

Please check out mine!
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=868055
Quote by Its_Rock77

I just can't take you seriously with time sigs like those. they were totally unnecessary and it made the song extremely awkward. have you even tried counting this song out? I mean come on. sorry if this sounds harsh, but that seemed to so blatantly show you were trying too hard to create a "different" song and completely disregarded any kind of structure.

but also don't take my advice the wrong way. different time sigs are cool if used right. I don't want you to make it all in 4/4 or something but at least keep the main parts a consistent beat that you can tap your foot to.

all time sig criticisms aside, I did like your riffs and such.

Lol... Well, to be honest, I don't try to write in any time signature. I just play something on my guitar and tab it how I can. I actually exclaimed "What the **** am I doing??" when I tabbed out the intro and kept having to mess around with the signature until I landed on 21/16. lol And no, I haven't bothered counting it out. I'm sure that if I tried hard enough I could fit everything into a solid time signature that seems more conventional or whatever, but to me music is about the music, not the theory... And I'm way too lazy to worry about guitar pro when this song is written to be played live. lol

And, thanks to everyone. I was worried the riffs would be a little repetitive or cliche or something in the eyes of UG. lol =P
there are some cool riffs. but try again with the time sigs. it will made it WAY easyer to do the drums. and btw the drums are so Fuc*ed up.
i like the time signitures. im into bands like necrophagist and blotted science though. its pretty awesome
F*CK EMO

Hi,

problem is, most, if not all of the odd-time signatures where unnecessary. If you spend some time tweaking the riffs, all of them would fit neatly into the standart 4/4 or 3/4 pattern.
For example, the clean Intro strumming: - use the shuffle-feel tool, then you have a pattern of quarter-eight-eight-quarter-eight-eight strums, which fit into a "normal" meter.

Also, in the later distorted riffs: the riffs are triplet based, yet the drum patterns are in standart binary sixteenths ? This is a recipe for disaster. It would fit better if you either "de-triplet" the guitar riffs (make them standart 8ths, 16ths) or change the drums to fit the triplet pattern. If you want to use the triolic feel while using standart binary notes, at least change the meter into something based on "3" (ie. 3/4, 6/8, 12/8 etc.), this will ensure that the guitars and the drums match up.
Bar 64, for example, had a nice groove coming up, unfortunately it gets out of sync in the next line.
Cheers for the crit on my choon im really glad you liked it so much.

Whoah man you are a nutter! I really like the ideas in this stuff but some of its a bit toooo insane, Im actually tempted to have a play around with this track and change those drums around, most of those riffs would sounds great in standard time signatures.
Im not on my computer and this one doesnt have guitar pro so i cant do it bar by bar but ill tell you as best i can.
The intro was a really good idea, i think with some bass it could sound really sweet and it drops nice into that first heavy riff but those drums are wacky man.
The riff after that is like proper nice but could sounds bare better. Then the acoustic bit is really nice and ambient almost and the sudden turn back to heavyness sounds really nice. I dont like this peice as a whole due to how you have made it chaotic but it has the potential to be awesome, if you dont mind i'll have a play around with this song later and put my touch on it maybe it could turn into a collaboration
Watch out for FLOODS exploding onto the UK Deathcore scene this summer.