For the p00ntang.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I was confused and thought I was learning how to eat a pie.
my friend started playing guitar and he showed me some stuff with it, so i got interested and liked it and decided to play guitar
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
Piano got boring
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
because I didn't like playing bass
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
a friend of mine picked it up, needed someone to jam with, and i got interested... and now i'm better than him
dst127 wrote:
Soundwash22 wrote:
Fred Durst is the Tom Green of music

No, some people actually like Tom Green.

dancesisidance wrote:
Shiroshu wrote:
I can't see Jimi approving of this.

Me neither, due to him not being alive and all.
I was singing for a band but I sucked.

Guitar seemed like a good option at the time... now I do both fairly well.
YellowGreenBlueRed

Quote by webbtje
You live in a ruler, the only child of trouser water (?); it's very fantastic, and salami!
saw school of rock. Well, my dad tried to get me into it a few years before that, but I didn't stick with it. When I saw school of rock I saw that kid's solo during the big song, and I thought it was like amazingly shreddy, even though, looking back, it was extremely easy. But I digress. It got me interested.
ive been interested in guitar since i was like 6 but my parents didnt wanna waste the money on me and me give up. when i was 14 i finally bought my own guitar and have been rockin since
Gear:

Guitars:
ESP ltd FX-400
Epiphone les paul jr.

Amps:
Line 6 spider II combo 30 watt
Krank Rev. Jr. full stack tube.
I wanted to play bass but was told I should play acoustic guitar first. I finally got a bass later and loved both instruments.
Quote by toshiro umezewa
the absolute beauty of classical music is what made me decide to learn how to play an instrument, and i picked up the guitar because my dad plays it.

that's gay.
Well I bought a guitar to a trip to Vietnam and well I saw some guitar playing on TV and thought it was cool so I bought one there for around 30 bucks. It was a great quality guitar but I had no idea how to tune it or even play it so it just sat in my room for months my parents promised to get me lessons but they never did so I taught myself and yea I'm pretty good now.
Quote by Stress Cow
You know you're fucked up when the pit thinks you're a sick bastard.
I don't actually remember.....I do remember messing around on my dad's classical guitar before I had my own, and looking through his books on how to play chords and stuff. So maybe I started playing just because it was there.....or I was bored. Probably both, really.

I also remember wanting to play like Graham Coxon from Blur, as I was a huge fan of them when I started playing....so that may also have motivated me. I no longer remember how to play any of their songs these days, but I'm grateful to them for getting me started.
California sunlight, sweet Calcutta rain, Honolulu star-bright, the song remains the same.

Casting quarters into wells that hold our dreams.

Believe in the freedom of music.

With our love, we could save the world.