i want something that will help out the sustain on my guitar. i understand there are a lot of compression/sustain pedals but i always thought compression was a bit of a wank so i just wondered if there's some kinda semi-decent simple sustain pedal out there?
cheers
Any distortion pedal increases the sustain
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Big Muffs give you some good sustain, but, of course, theyre more used for their fuzz. There is this little thing i saw a while back called a Fat Finger sustainer. You stick it on your headstock, and it gives your guitar some more sustain. Altho idk if they still make em.
Quote by qotsa1998
Big Muffs give you some good sustain, but, of course, theyre more used for their fuzz. There is this little thing i saw a while back called a Fat Finger sustainer. You stick it on your headstock, and it gives your guitar some more sustain. Altho idk if they still make em.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Groove-Tubes-Fat-Finger-Guitar-Sustain-Enhancer?sku=420270
this thing? yeah i just saw it now...
well i dont really want to buy a distortion pedal just for its sustain
there's nothing out there that is JUST sustain?
keeley compressor hands down.
Gear:

Fractal Axe FX
VHT 2/50/2
Orange 4x12
Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro

Ibanez RGA 121 w/ Crunchlab and Liquifire
Music Man John Petrucci Mystic Dream
ERG Custom Guitar
^by the way check it out on youtube and go to the keeley website, they have demo's.
Gear:

Fractal Axe FX
VHT 2/50/2
Orange 4x12
Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro

Ibanez RGA 121 w/ Crunchlab and Liquifire
Music Man John Petrucci Mystic Dream
ERG Custom Guitar
I normally ran my guitar through my Boss DS-1 and then into my Holy Stain and it sounded pretty good with nice sustain. However, when I added the FET preamp in my Baggs Para D.I. before the Boss, the gain boost I get from the Para D.I. put my sustain through the roof! A stronger pickup signal will help increase sustain.

Seymour Duncan makes a pickup signal booster that ought to be quite good at achieving the same end result. The MXR Boost that RobChappers mentions in some of his videos is another great choice. The Para D.I. is geared toward acoustic instrument pickups but also works well with electric guitars and basses.
Last edited by carpepax at May 23, 2008,