First off, I'm talking about the neck that holds my head up, not my guitar neck.
Secondly, it's pretty painful to turn it more than 20 degrees side to side, and about 40 degrees up an down.
I'm pretty sure I just didn't sleep well.
So, anyone know anything that might help?
Quote by leeb rocks
SO I'VE BEEN BALLS DEEP IN MYSELF THIS WHOLE TlME?!?!
I think this is perhaps the only situation where the phrase "rub icy hot on it" would be appropriate.

Seriously get one of those muscle relaxant creams, you've pulled a muscle in your neck.
Quote by bendystraw
jerk your neck to the right really fast.

For some reason, this seems both appealing and painful.
WHICH IS IT?!?!
Quote by leeb rocks
Quote by konkordmusk
For some reason, this seems both appealing and painful.
WHICH IS IT?!?!

yeah, you need to work them muscles to get them limber enough to work right again. jerking the neck around randomly will do just this.
Quote by bendystraw
yeah, you need to work them muscles to get them limber enough to work right again. jerking the neck around randomly will do just this.

It's not that they're not working right, I can move my head normally (tons of willpower needed to bear the pain), it's just it hurts like hell.
I'm digging the IcyHot idea.
Quote by leeb rocks
Quote by konkordmusk
It's not that they're not working right, I can move my head normally (tons of willpower needed to bear the pain), it's just it hurts like hell.
I'm digging the IcyHot idea.

the muscles are very slightly out of place when you 'pull' one. the jerking motions will either fix this or hospitalize you.
i would just rest, my neck is very sore from rocking out hard at a concert 4 days ago, just take painkillers and let it heal its self daily
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
I believe you may have pulled a muscle.

But seriously, see a doctor or get some actual medical advice from somebody more qualified than a bunch of guitar-playing teenagers in their bedrooms. I would not rely on UG to solve your health issues.
Quote by bendystraw
the muscles are very slightly out of place when you 'pull' one. the jerking motions will either fix this or hospitalize you.

Rofl.
The Bible Of BendyStraw.
You make it, I'll buy it.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
Quote by :-D
I believe you may have pulled a muscle.

But seriously, see a doctor or get some actual medical advice from somebody more qualified than a bunch of guitar-playing teenagers in their bedrooms. I would not rely on UG to solve your health issues.

im in my living room.
Quote by MightyAl
Ibuprofen

Badabing!
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by Seth Shadows

Rofl.
The Bible Of BendyStraw.
You make it, I'll buy it.

hmm... maybe if i make a cult and charge money... i could be bigger then scientology!
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Badabing!

Agreed.
No sports cream or IcyHot available, but I did put some vapor rub on it.
And I don't need a doctor, I need a chiropractor. Of which bendystraw seems to be.
Quote by leeb rocks
Quote by konkordmusk
Agreed.
No sports cream or IcyHot available, but I did put some vapor rub on it.
And I don't need a doctor, I need a chiropractor. Of which bendystraw seems to be.

bendystraw bible, chapter one; how to fix major bodily problems.
Quote by bendystraw
hmm... maybe if i make a cult and charge money... i could be bigger then scientology!

Seriously, even if you dont want to charge.
1. Just gather up a bunch of pit questions and your reply
2. over then next say, three months.
3. Create a piczo site + post
4. ????
5. Profit.

I'll even be your site designer.
www.doesyourstrawbendlikemine.piczo.com
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
Ice it for twenty minutes, then rub a muscle relaxant (icy hot or something else) on it and either lay down (best idea) or sit up straight and relax your neck.

If you ice it, DO NOT leave the ice applied for longer than twenty minutes. Wait 45 minutes to an hour before icing again.

Also, don't do any activities that will further strain your neck muscles. I recommend taking a nap or staying on UG until it gets better.

The exact same thing happened to me a few months ago.

EDIT: Also, take aspirin or Aleve or something.
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Last edited by JesusOfSbrbia at May 23, 2008,
Quote by SilentDeftone
This is what girlfriends are for.

-SD

She happens to be in a choir competition. Bad timing.
Quote by leeb rocks
Quote by JesusOfSbrbia
Ice it for twenty minutes, then rub a muscle relaxant (icy hot or something else) on it and either lay down (best idea) or sit up straight and relax your neck.

If you ice it, DO NOT leave the ice applied for longer than twenty minutes. Wait 45 minutes to an hour before icing again.

Also, don't do any activities that will further strain your neck muscles. I recommend taking a nap or staying on UG until it gets better.

The exact same thing happened to me a few months ago.

I think sleeping is what caused this in the first place. I'll follow the rest of the advice though. Thanks!

EDIT: Damn double post! I could've sworn I had seen JesusOfSbrbia post between my last 2 posts.
Quote by leeb rocks
Quote by konkordmusk
I think sleeping is what caused this in the first place. I'll follow the rest of the advice though. Thanks!

Well, if you lay down, make sure you lay flat on your back, don't turn your head to the side, and only use one pillow.

It might not help for you, but it did for me. Then again, I strained my neck while driving, so it's probably different.
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
20 and 40 degrees you say?

Well, determine the angles in which the pain from each of the muscles of the neck increases, then apply the locus in which the homotecy of said pains and their proportion are equal.
Then find x, and apply a torque in a way that the force you need to apply is the intensity of the pain/2, and the angle is the sum of all the possible angles (40 and 20) divided the angles of said locus you found earlier..
Once the torque is applied, you would feel certain increase of pain in certain muscles and not in others. Make a function of pain in function of muscle, and determine the coeficient of the most degree. Once said coeficient is found, determine the moles per litre you should add of morphine by knowing that said coeficient^2=molality.
Apply morphine, and apply the same torque, but in a different direction which can be found by multiplying cartesian points, from groups "angles of locus" "muscles", and "pain", and in different motion, but with 4/3 the force.
Now, half the muscles that were strained will be relieved, and you can do it again, but applying locus in the same fashion, for the other muscles...

Basic physics, geometry, and chemical problem....