Page 1 of 2
I don't know whether or not there has been thread(s) about this already but please here this one out.

I don't know too much entirely on the subject but this is what i do:

Scientist for all corners of the world agree that global warming is the #1 threat to humanity as we know it.

As most. you already know, global warming is our own fault.

The atmosphere naturally contains CO2 to keep energy from the sun trapped inside but the thin layer also lets energy naturally escape to give us the average climate we are all used to. But now due to our vehicles, our homes, and all man made sources of energy on earth we are increasing the CO2 emissions in our atmosphere which will trap more sun light in therefore increasing the average temperate over the entire earth. Now is where most people stop reading. They think to themselves "So what will happen if the earth becomes a little hotter? I can handle it." You might be able to through your life time, but mother earth cannot, and even your second, third. of fourth generation of children may be suffering of our actions as you are reading this. As you read this, the polar ice caps are rapidly melting with such a rate scientist are are amazed at how quickly this isn't supposed to be happening. Only 5 years ago scientist believed the ice land sheet of glaciers would take 2,000 to 3,000 years to melt, but now at the rate it has been melting, scientist estimate it will completely melt within the next 4 or 5 centuries due to climate change. The polar ice caps contain over 10,000,000,000,000,000 (10 quadrillion) gallons of water. And they are melting right now. In the past 2 decades the amount of hurricanes has nearly doubled due again to climate change. Sooner or later (sooner than you think) the world is going to experience a massive flood thought only to exist in biblical scriptures. Bangladesh. Gone. London. Gone. Tokyo, California, Mexico, the entire continent of Australia all gone! Even the US capitol, gone. So there's going to be political help from what is sadly the world supreme power. But only a few names on the list for massive flooding. People who survive these floods will migrate by the masses. A massive exodus of biblical proportions. Also there will be so much Co2 in the atmosphere that there be no room for clouds. They will be burnt up. So we will have to deal with extreme temperatures and extreme humidity. Also due to no rain clouds the massive amount of people left will have no water for crops or food, leaving most of the the world eventually to starve. Also due to the increasing number of Co2 emissions scientist predict they will increase until our planet will look like its sister, Venus, With a yellow gray atmosphere and an average temperature of 900 degrees. It would be very sad to think we have to technology to save ourselves from an impending meteor strike but not the will power to stop ourselves from being our own worst enemy. And all this could happen within the next 100 years, or even less! Please research! look up facts for yourself and see the grim reality we have brought upon ourselves. Unless we act now. Get involved! look here

http://www.climatecrisis.net/takeaction/whatyoucando/

for ways we can all help out and if you don't, we have literally killed ourselves. Think now about all that has been said and think about how we are our own worst enemy. You live in fear of the apocalypse when you should live in fear of yourself. But we can stop this. But only if we act now.

Please pass this on, even repost it. Or on other websites, spread the word anyway you can! We need to act NOW!
Dimebag Is God!!!!

President Of The Official Dimebag Darrell Fan Club
PM Me to Join

Member #28 of the Official Alkaline Trio Fan Club. PM greenfinger182 to join.
unless you paragraph that shit, im not reading it. you are an irresponsible TS.
Paragraphs are your friend. That just hurts my eyes
Quote by saxaxe
YESI love you.

Quote by Wulphy
Ever stuck their finger in their ass, just to see what it was like? I did

Quote by thewho65
My sister has a big ass
"Going Green" is nothing but a clever ploy by world governments to start a new industry and generate revenue in a time where current financial situations dictate the needs of the masses.

*Puts on flame shiled*

Just to be a little controversial really.
Quote by IronNecrosis
Paragraphs are your friend

I was about to say this.
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
Quote by saphrax
"Going Green" is nothing but a clever ploy by world governments to start a new industry and generate revenue in a time where current financial situations dictate the needs of the masses.

That makes no sense. What kind of industry will profit from reduced consumation?
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by saphrax

*Puts on flame shiled*

That's why the US government has been so supportive of going green...
Quote by INNOCENT VICTIM
I don't know whether or not there has been thread(s) about this already but please here this one out.

I don't know too much entirely on the subject but this is what i do:

Scientist for all corners of the world agree that global warming is the #1 threat to humanity as we know it.

As most. you already know, global warming is our own fault.

The atmosphere naturally contains CO2

yeah btw climate changes naturally and gets hotter before an ice age. We've had like 5 so it seems pretty feasible we'll have another
Quote by saxaxe
YESI love you.

Quote by Wulphy
Ever stuck their finger in their ass, just to see what it was like? I did

Quote by thewho65
My sister has a big ass
Quote by Raziel2p
That makes no sense. What kind of industry will profit from reduced consumation?

Thank you adults. You left us kid with a bunch of crap
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Quote by Raziel2p

Look at WW2 as a case study.

America was in a depression. All of a sudden, there was demand for a new product - this being arms, and thus other industries flourished.

If a government can push a new industry, it can help revive a weaking economy.
Quote by saphrax

*Puts on flame shiled*

#1.

I'd sooner put my money towards an international manhunt to track down and destroy the boogeyman. Lord knows that's just as likely as the apocalypse so many people are predicting.
When crying don't help
You can't compose yourself
It's best to compose a poem
An honest verse of longing
Or a simple song of hope...
bendystraw: That's stupid. T-shirt comanies and the like have always profited by making money on making apparel out of what's "in" these days. Just because global warming is a cause that these companies can make money on, that doesn't mean they're making MORE money. People have stopped buying T-shirts that mark opposition to the Vietnam War, for example, but that doesn't mean T-shirt companies are losing money, because they're making new ones.

America was in a depression. All of a sudden, there was demand for a new product - this being arms, and thus other industries flourished.

That's a whole different situation. USA's situation was that of lots of people without work, so they need to build up a new industry. That's elementary logic - if you need more work places, then you build new industry.

Today's situation is, or so they say, that the climate is changing because of CO2 emissions and various other stuff. What we need to do to prevent permanent damage to our environemnt is reduce our consume of energy. That doesn't really put any sort of industry in a leading spot, nor does it encourage new industries to be built up - rather the opposite.
I'm a communist. Really.
Last edited by Raziel2p at May 23, 2008,
Yeah, they WANT you to consume less. Honestly, the less people buy, the more money they make and therefore the more power they have.
wat.
Quote by SsPunk
Yeah, they WANT you to consume less. Honestly, the less people buy, the more money they make and therefore the more power they have.

This is wrong. The less people buy, the less the companies making the wares will earn. The less the companies earn, the more their wares will cost. So in the end you have people with more money, but at the same the things they're buying less of has become more expensive, so they don't really have any more money than before.
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by saphrax

That's what we should be doing, pushing renewable energy sources to create more jobs and decrease our dependency on oil. You're a fool if you think that's what's happening.
Quote by Raziel2p

That's a whole different situation. USA's situation was that of lots of people without work, so they need to build up a new industry. That's elementary logic - if you need more work places, then you build new industry.

During a credit crunch, you can predict a fall in available jobs - obviously business shuts down.

By bringing "Going Green" in to the limelight, and creating more opportunites, they can have this new market ready for the time that unempolyment starts to hit.

Either way, I'm stoned and quite tired (but still writing relatively well - it's NOT an excuse), and so I'm going to leave now. Good night all!
Dude paragraphs! I don't feel like typing up an essay right now on climate change (or the lack of it), so I'll just post some articles...

http://www.infowars.com/?p=1999

http://www.sitewave.net/news/s49p1354.htm

To respond a bit to your post; the scientists who came up with ridiculous idea that global warming causes larger hurricanes, have now taken it back, due to absolutely no evidence to support their original claim. http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2007/10/antarctica-ice-cap-growth-reaches.html - here you see the polar ice caps are actually growing at a record rate. Thank god for all of us the mainstream media has completely ignored this, and fear-mongering environmentalists still try to force people to believe the ice caps are melting.
Actually, anyone who'd researched this half way decently would know man made climate change is not proven.

It is however a possibility.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think several christians do NOT believe in global warming... Am I right?
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by JeanMi36
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think several christians do NOT believe in global warming... Am I right?
I think you'll find several non-christians too

what's your point?
Quote by freedoms_stain
I think you'll find several non-christians too

what's your point?

Nothing much really. I once saw a video where a preacher said to pollute and cut trees like we wanted blablabla...

So I wasn't sure if it was isolated or if it was a religious belief too. Simple curiosity, really.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
"The Oregon Institute of Science and Medicine this week announced that 31,072 U.S. scientists signed a petition stating that "… There is no convincing scientific evidence that human release of carbon dioxide, methane or other greenhouse gases is causing, or will cause in the future, catastrophic heating of the Earth’s atmosphere and disruption of the Earth’s climate..."

Eminent theoretical physicist Freeman Dyson is among the many distinguished signatories.

The OISM petition represents a direct challenge to the Al Gore-touted notion that a consensus of scientists has determined that catastrophic manmade global warming is real and that any debate over the science is pointless.

also, about two weeks ago, scientists started saying that we're actually going through global cooling now.

fuck global warming.

Global warming = BS. Al Gore = Money-hungry baby raper.

I might just be saying this because we had a blizzard here two weeks ago...

EDIT: I is Christian who does not believe in global warming, yes.
Quote by redneckrebel
Wow...just wow

A clapstack? My life is complete.
I might have believed you if your paragraph hadn't contradicted itself multiple times. For example, you said that scientists predict the ice caps to melt in the next 400-500 years, and then after explaining everything that is going to happen after they melt, and how we are going to turn into venus, you state that it's going to happen in the next 100 years, which is not even possible due to the fact that we are not effecting the environment anywhere near that quickly for it to have such a fundamental impact in such a short period of time. There are hundreds of theories on what could or could not happen to the earth as a result of global warming, none of which have any absolute proof. Until there is any proof given, you cannot expect me to believe that we are going to have an average temperature of 900 degrees in the next couple hundred years.

That is all.
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
Quote by frottage
also, about two weeks ago, scientists started saying that we're actually going through global cooling now.

fuck global warming.
All that says to me is that it's inconclusive.

Anyone who looks at two sides of an arguement with equally compelling evidence and chooses one over the other because of what they WANT to be true is a fool.
Quote by freedoms_stain
All that says to me is that it's inconclusive.

Anyone who looks at two sides of an arguement with equally compelling evidence and chooses one over the other because of what they WANT to be true is a fool.

well i never believed in global warming from the start anyway.
Quote by frottage
well i never believed in global warming from the start anyway.
And I'm sure you've read all the actual journal articles pertaining to both arguments on which to base that assumption....

....Haven't you?
Quote by freedoms_stain
And I'm sure you've read all the actual journal articles pertaining to both arguments on which to base that assumption....

....Haven't you?

actually, i haven't really read anything on it. i just don't buy into it.
You people need different avatars. This argument is confusing me.
Quote by redneckrebel
Wow...just wow

A clapstack? My life is complete.
Quote by frottage
actually, i haven't really read anything on it. i just don't buy into it.
I would say basing your opinions on the strength of nothing was a bit foolish wouldn't you?

Propaganda is the worst thing to base anything on.
Now if global warming wasn't complete bull**** I might have read that paragraph, (see that, there's no "s" on the end of paragraph) but it is, so I don't have anything to read now.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by freedoms_stain
I would say basing your opinions on the strength of nothing was a bit foolish wouldn't you?

Propaganda is the worst thing to base anything on.

idk, i just think Al Gore's a dickless piece of shit, and i would never believe him. there is not enough proof for global warming, and there is no consenus among scientists. i just think it's part of a natural cycle, and that it's far too big for human beings to be able to change it for better or for worse.
Quote by frottage
idk, i just think Al Gore's a dickless piece of shit, and i would never believe him. there is not enough proof for global warming, and there is no consenus among scientists. i just think it's part of a natural cycle, and that it's far too big for human beings to be able to change it for better or for worse.
You've got nothing to base that conclusion on. You just admitted so yourself.

Believe it or not scientists never say anything without weight of facts behind their words. Sometimes findings conflict, but only a fool would ignore one set of findings because they didn't like the outcome.

Burying your head in the sand and saying "It's never going to happen" is about as useful as a condom with a hole in the tip.
Global warming is tottaly true and for those people saying "it's part of a natural cycle" we are actually supposed to be entering into a cooling phase right now and that is softening the dramatic effects of global warming, and even were it that global warming did not exist cutting down rainforest and turning the air and water quality to **** is pure evil
Quote by freedoms_stain
You've got nothing to base that conclusion on. You just admitted so yourself.

Believe it or not scientists never say anything without weight of facts behind their words. Sometimes findings conflict, but only a fool would ignore one set of findings because they didn't like the outcome.

Burying your head in the sand and saying "It's never going to happen" is about as useful as a condom with a hole in the tip.

i'm not burying my head in the sand. i truly believe that global warming is a conspiracy. and if turn out to be wrong some day (which i won't ) i will give ALL of you free butt secks. just PM me and i'll put you on the list.
Page 1 of 2