Poll: Spam vs BS what is worse here at UG?
Poll Options
View poll results: Spam vs BS what is worse here at UG?
Spam sucks more
6 40%
Bull**** sucks more
9 60%
Voters: 15.
I've seen a lot of people whining like babies about "spam" or "sales pitches" or whatever here at UG.

One one hand I don't like spam any more than anyone else, but on the other hand total Bullsh** is 100 times worse!

Here is what I mean:
http://ultimate-guitar.com/columns/general_music/want_to_become_a_professional_musician.html

if you look below this column you see like 200 people fighting back and forth attacking each other and the author too.

Why do we HATE spam? Because it is a waste of time yes?

But then if we hate to have other people waste our time, why do we tolerate complete bullsh** at this forum where people attack each other with stupid and ignorant personal insults?

Personally, I don't really care if people want to fight or not or whatever, but what I can NOT FREAKING STAND IS WHEN I AM SEARCHING FOR CONSTRUCTIVE CONTRIBUTIONS BY UGers and I must read 60 posts of complete BULLSH**!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the example at the thread above, there is no real "sales pitch" at all, but what do I have to read under the article? pages and pages of garbage.

You might say to me: "If you don't like the BS then don't read all the posts under the column!" and in general I would agree with you! BUT I truly wanted to learn more and see what other UGers could offer in a constructive way to bring more depth or clarity to the topic of the column.

I found the whole discussion a big disappointment!

So what do you say? What is worse, one line of spam or 100 pages of complete SH*T???????!!!!!!!
Sometimes the bs is funny so it's not a total waste of time. Spam is just dumb though
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
I'm in total areament, And in whos opinion is one line spam, and how do we determin what is spam?
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

,___,
[¬.¬]
/)__)
-"--"-

Quote by FishCream
Stop Performing Meathook Sodomy On Yourself
Quote by HighPotency
You read posts under the column?

Not usually no. but in the case of that specific column I did because I was looking for an expansion of what the column was all about and/or I thought somebody here on this HUGE forum might be able to add something intelligent and useful. It was rare that anyone did. A few people had some good insight I think, but most were just as clueless as me!
i always did get the feeling that some of those columns were advertisements for the certain few who always write motivational crap like "there's no such thing as talent"...but the thing about forums/messageboards is that the same thing is often repeated many times
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by slaveofsatan
I'm in total areament, And in whos opinion is one line spam, and how do we determin what is spam?

As I said I didn't find that article to contain spam at all, it is only just an example since I spent a lot of time on that column recently, but there are other examples of people whining about it like little babies! Then they spread their own total WASTE-OF-EVERYONE'S-TIME-BULL-SH*T!

Just drives me freaking NUTS when you are really looking for something cool you know?!
Quote by Bushinarin
Spam's worse IMO. The bull**** is often funny.

Yes I admit that sometimes the BS is funny, but when people attack others "personally" it goes way too far. I mean if you think the Hess article sucks, no problem, you can say it sucks or you love it or whatever. I don't care either way. But the long posts of hate and BS make the whole experience (for me at least) at UG just suck at times.
This:

Quote by Bushinarin
Spam's worse IMO. The bull**** is often funny.

And This

Quote by black-sabbath
Sometimes the bs is funny so it's not a total waste of time. Spam is just dumb though

Also....I like apples...
Doesn't Bs also count as spam
Yes I am from Hawaii.

It's not really a great place to live..
..but fun if you're a tourist!
FoTB Duration: June 12, 2008 - July 12, 2008
It's good to be back guys.
*reported*

No Vs threads, stop spamming.

When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...