Page 1 of 3
Ok this is really embarrassing and I expect to get flamed, but I also think some people might be able to relate to this, if not most of you.

I was looking through the thread "Inspiring pictures" or something along those lines, and came to a picture which has made me paranoid and shaky for the past 20 minutes or so. I'm not going to say what it was just yet for fear someone will post it (I really can't look at it, the effect is just too strong on me) in spite or for a kick, not fully understanding what it does to me.

Basically it's a picture that I remember from my childhood scaring me, and I'd forgotten about it, until tonight. When it came up it just brought back all the memories of how frightened I was as a kid, seeing it.

I'm now looking over my shoulder every 2 minutes and had to close all the doors around me - doesn't help that it's 1.45 and I'm the only one awake either.

I've probably not explained this very well, but can anyone empathise with this? And is this "mental scarring"?

Thanks
go to sleep. *looks in mirror*
oh ****, i thought about bloody mary! *cries*
This could mentally scar you, consult your shrink and do not try to rape him...

Are you kidding??
Suck it up
I know the feeling, reminders of the event shoot so much adrenaline through my body I go numb, and freak out. I'm no doctor, but if a reminder of the event is as traumatic to you as you say, you could probably safely say you're scarred.
BOLD.
Quote by yellowlizard
Ok this is really embarrassing and I expect to get flamed, but I also think some people might be able to relate to this, if not most of you.

I was looking through the thread "Inspiring pictures" or something along those lines, and came to a picture which has made me paranoid and shaky for the past 20 minutes or so. I'm not going to say what it was just yet for fear someone will post it (I really can't look at it, the effect is just too strong on me) in spite or for a kick, not fully understanding what it does to me.

Basically it's a picture that I remember from my childhood scaring me, and I'd forgotten about it, until tonight. When it came up it just brought back all the memories of how frightened I was as a kid, seeing it.

I'm now looking over my shoulder every 2 minutes and had to close all the doors around me - doesn't help that it's 1.45 and I'm the only one awake either.

I've probably not explained this very well, but can anyone empathise with this? And is this "mental scarring"?

Thanks

dude, sounds bad.

Is it a pic of Mudkipz? lol
You could be scarred, but seriously, what picture is it?
When crying don't help
You can't compose yourself
It's best to compose a poem
An honest verse of longing
Or a simple song of hope...
This is the pit - no matter how many of you actually give a damn there will be someone who'll post it, tbh I don't blame them because I sound like a loser talking about it.
We need that pic bud.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
yeah seriously im really curious to the pic
Quote by saxaxe
YESI love you.

Quote by Wulphy
Ever stuck their finger in their ass, just to see what it was like? I did

Quote by thewho65
My sister has a big ass
How can someone post it, you haven't told us what it is. Unless you expect us to post every picture ever posted on the internet...

please tell us
Quote by CrazyDavey
How can someone post it, you haven't told us what it is. Unless you expect us to post every picture ever posted on the internet...

please tell us

we will do it
Quote by saxaxe
YESI love you.

Quote by Wulphy

Quote by thewho65
My sister has a big ass
Alright I'm saying it, but if it's posted then there's no way I'm returning to this thread lol : /

It's the one (fake ofc, but still it got me as a kid) of the guy in the Scream (as in the movie) outfit, standing in a church. I doubt it will scare you guys but it has particular significance for me.

When I was younger I had an interest in the paranormal, and my brother had bought me a book on stuff like poltergeists etc. This photograph was in it. Bear in mind I was between 8 and 10 and had just seen Scream - the movie itself was veryyyy terrifying for me seeing as I was so young, and I've never had any real balls for horror films.

I couldn't look at that picture since, and had forgotten about it until tonight when it came up in that thread, totally took me unaware and it's all I can think about.

I'm a dude with brains too, which is the frustrating part, keep telling myself there's no point being afraid but I can't help it.

Again my explanation doesn't get the full effect across of what I mean, but it's the best I can do.

And to repeat - the picture itself probably isn't at all scary for someone who hasn't previously seen it and is quite mature lol...just for me, it's so difficult to bear and memories of my childhood are just affecting me so much

EDIT: flame shield is up...
pic will probly be posted i almost feel sorry for u
Quote by saxaxe
YESI love you.

Quote by Wulphy

Quote by thewho65
My sister has a big ass
Quote by TheHereAway
someone link me to the pic? i dont know what one he is on about

i think i know but i can't find the thread im probly wrong though
Quote by saxaxe
YESI love you.

Quote by Wulphy

Quote by thewho65
My sister has a big ass
Quote by IronNecrosis

The price I pay for posting something serious in the pit, just felt like I had to say something, and it would be weird talking to someone I'm close to in real life about it.
Yeh, I want a link too

But don't post it, I actually can relate, but I can't remember the picture, Repressed I guess, lol
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
Quote by yellowlizard
The price I pay for posting something serious in the pit, just felt like I had to say something, and it would be weird talking to someone I'm close to in real life about it.

In what thread is it?
I'm not gonna post it, I just wanna see it.
Quote by yellowlizard

yeah it's like that one thread where someone had rly bad panic attacks over just seeing spiders and then right away someone posted a spider pic
Quote by saxaxe
YESI love you.

Quote by Wulphy

Quote by thewho65
My sister has a big ass
Yeah I can relate too. Certain things I'll just get a complete cold chill and I can't do anything but run
Quote by saxaxe
YESI love you.

Quote by Wulphy

Quote by thewho65
My sister has a big ass
great, now I wanna see it!
what about links guys?
I remember watching scream around that age, scared me, but now I watch it and laugh. The film is classed as horror/comedy.
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
Quote by Jonn0
great, now I wanna see it!
what about links guys?
I remember watching scream around that age, scared me, but now I watch it and laugh. The film is classed as horror/comedy.

Now that you mention it, maybe a way for me to get over it would be to watch the film? With friends ofc, no way I'm watching that alone
does it help if i told you i was scared ****less of the scream movies? but im a girl, so its probably worse for you.

Quote by IronNecrosis

lulz
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Quote by talia.
does it help if i told you i was scared ****less of the scream movies? but im a girl, so its probably worse for you.

lulz

A little lol, thanks anyway. I think gender's irrelevant at the age I was, but I know it's completely unreasonable for me to be freaked out by it now.

EDIT: I dunno if this changes anything, but I'm 16 so still pretty young. Just aware now that I might have given the impression I'm an adult.
Quote by yellowlizard
Alright I'm saying it, but if it's posted then there's no way I'm returning to this thread lol : /

It's the one (fake ofc, but still it got me as a kid) of the guy in the Scream (as in the movie) outfit, standing in a church. I doubt it will scare you guys but it has particular significance for me.

When I was younger I had an interest in the paranormal, and my brother had bought me a book on stuff like poltergeists etc. This photograph was in it. Bear in mind I was between 8 and 10 and had just seen Scream - the movie itself was veryyyy terrifying for me seeing as I was so young, and I've never had any real balls for horror films.

I couldn't look at that picture since, and had forgotten about it until tonight when it came up in that thread, totally took me unaware and it's all I can think about.

I'm a dude with brains too, which is the frustrating part, keep telling myself there's no point being afraid but I can't help it.

Again my explanation doesn't get the full effect across of what I mean, but it's the best I can do.

And to repeat - the picture itself probably isn't at all scary for someone who hasn't previously seen it and is quite mature lol...just for me, it's so difficult to bear and memories of my childhood are just affecting me so much

EDIT: flame shield is up...

Don't worry, I'm with you on that. That pic always gave me chills too.
Last edited by schecter ftw at May 23, 2008,
Page 1 of 3