Lately I've been playing my guitar and I've noticed some problems and it's been bugging me, and I've messed around with my amp settings, my pedal settings, and nothing seems to work. So I'm asking for some pointers.

1. Every time I play I can't seem to get the right tone of my guitar to come out. It's either too high pitched with to much fuzz, or too bassy (?) and feels like I'm gonna blow out my amp. So I need some recommendations for amp settings.

2. My distortion tone from my pedal and my clean tone varry way to much volume wise. My clean setting is overbearingly loud and my distortion setting is way to quiet or sounds like what I described in problem 1. So... any suggestions?

I'd really appriciate some help with these problems. Thanks in advance!
Amp: Ibanez TBX15R, which is a 20-30 watt, I can't remember, I'm low on money, that's why my amps only a little one
Guitar: Schecter Diamond Series, I don't know what year... it's sort of old
Pedal: Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
And I have a wah-wah pedal... I think it's a hellbabe, but it doesn't really make any problems.. so yea...
Your amp is junk, plain and simple.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
****... I can't really afford a new one...

Well in the future, if I do get a new amp, what do you recommend?
I'd need to know your style of music and your budget to help you out with that.
Haha... uh... well I play lots of styles. Punk, Blues, and rock though mostly. Depends on my mood.

And as for budget... Something good but cheap because I don't have very much money.

As for the pedal, too... uh yea... but it's old... so... yea....
I'd suggest you try a blackheart little giant, an epi valve jr, a cube30x, a vox adt30 and maybe even a microcube if you wanna go really cheap.
I want something with around 30 watts, since all the people I play with have amps around there.
Blues jr, crate v series, peavey classic 30, fender hot rod deluxe. You just have to go out there and try. BTW a 15 watt tube amp is loud enough to gig if you don't need cleans, so a 5 watter could be enough to jam is you ask the other guys to turn it down a bit.
Your current amp is 15 watts (it says so in the name - the rating on the back of the amp is the input power, not output), so a 5 watt tube amp would probably be comparable in volume.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by Fama
Your current amp is 15 watts (it says so in the name - the rating on the back of the amp is the input power, not output), so a 5 watt tube amp would probably be comparable in volume.

A five watt tube amp would deafen it in volume.

I'd look at an Epi Valve Junior and Blackheart Little Giant. Don't be fooled by the wattage rating, my Valve Junior + Cab can easily keep up with a drummer at band practise.

You could also look at Vox Valvetronix amps. They're some of the best budget modelling amps on the market IMO.

New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
put a mod in the DS-1. Make it a clean boost mod.
I got some good guitars, yo.
I want to kill most of the people in this thread. It shouldn't be too hard to get an OK sound for practicing with that amp. But no, get a "tube" amp. Every ****ing thread, get a "tube" amp.
These go to eleven...
I think he wants to jam so that really isn't the ideal amp. In this case, a tube amp IS a good idea. You really should go for a 15w if you really want to be heard. You could find a used, palomino, Crate v18 or blues junior for like 250-300 bucks.