I use Jim Dunlop Big Stubbys. They're 3mm. I got huge hands so I like them. It doesn't really matter what pick you use, just make sure you get one you like
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Hey dude those are some pretty sweet picks, they are what i play with most of the time.
Personally i find for playing rhythm that softer picks are easier to play with, so i would go with the .73 mm or the 1 mm. But i will say above all, thickness of picks is completely players preference, so i would advise you to go to a guitar shop and test out all these picks and see which one you like best.
Quote by black-sabbath
I use Jim Dunlop Big Stubbys. They're 3mm. I got huge hands so I like them. It doesn't really matter what pick you use, just make sure you get one you like

+ 1
i like all except the thinnest one (red)

i tend to switch off every once in a while, but usually i go with the .6 (orange)
ADD

Check out my self-recorded demos on my profile!!! C4C

Separation is an illusion.
I usually find playing rhythm with too thick a pick, especially just starting out, you'll probably drop it a lot. However, the thicker a pick is, the better it is for lead playing, just because a stiffer, thicker pick will give you a thicker sound and better control. So it's all a matter of balance and what you're doing. Since you're playing rhythm, I'd recommend a .6 or a .73.
i like the blue ones...but theyre what I prefer. test out different ones and see what you like.
get a selection, try them out, decide what you like the best
Shiz:
'69 Tele Thinline
Freshman FA1 ACD
Marshall: MG15CDR
Get a bunch of every type of tip and thickness and see what you like. I tried jazz IIIs and liked the tip and thickness, hated the size. Switched the jazz III xls and now I'm digging them. All preference bro.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Me, I would ditch the Tortexes and get the Gator Grips in 2mm. But then again, I'm the kind of guy who tried to melt two of those together in hopes of getting a usable 4mm pick. I like my thick picks.

Anyways, it's all a matter of preference. Buy yourself one or two of each kind, play with them, and see which one suits you best.