Ok, this is my first thread

So, ive been playing for 2 years now and im sounding decent! As you can tell from my rig at the bottom its about time i got a new amp! Id love a valve amp but i only have about £300-£350 to spend (aprox $600). So i am pretty limited. I have seen the Peavey Valveking series and by now ive probably read every on-line review of them under the sun and it sounds as if its the amp for me. I have played through the Valveking 112 (50watt all tube) and it suits me well. However i want a bit more so its narrowed down to the 212 and the halfstack, they are both all tube and 100watts!

id really aprieciate some feed back from other users, people in the same position as me and generally anyone who wants to have a say!!

By the way, i plan on getting a dean from hell or an Epi LP zakk wylde bullseye and replace the pickups to an emg81/85 set, within the next 6 months! aswell as these pedals- a zakk wylde dunlop wah, a metal muff a boss fb-3 and a boss overdrive

Thanks Very Much
Bazza

Epiphone Les Paul Special ll w/ an SD Dimebucker and a Dean Zebra neck pup
Bugera 333xl Head
Bugera 412-bk Cab
Roland Cube 15
Behringer Hell Babe Wah
Dan Electro tuna-melt
EHX Metal Muff

Bugera Lover!
I second that, but I suggest the 112 combo instead. No one really needs 100 watts of tube.
-ash
^ +1 to ashgray. That one less speaker to replace.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
my personal opinion, either get the 112 or the head. For me, i need to be mobile and the 212 is rediciously heavy. Atleast with the head and a small cab you are splitting the weight.

112: 44lbs
212: 68lbs
head: 44lbs

plus 100 tube watts is kinda crazy, you are going to get the best tones when you play loud with these amps, and 100 watts, will probably peal paint off walls.

I'd say 50 watts max.
^The 112 is more than loud enough for any gig, and if it's not then 97% of the time they have a PA to mic you up.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
50 watts tube is plent for any gig unless he's at the superbowl. Seeing as how is British, I doubt that will happen. The 112 is a great option.
thanks everyone for your thoughts. i think i will get one of the combos (the 112 or the 212)
Bazza

Epiphone Les Paul Special ll w/ an SD Dimebucker and a Dean Zebra neck pup
Bugera 333xl Head
Bugera 412-bk Cab
Roland Cube 15
Behringer Hell Babe Wah
Dan Electro tuna-melt
EHX Metal Muff

Bugera Lover!
Honestly i would go with the head and a 2x12 cab... Your going to have to replace the speakers anyway just as soon save ya some cash and get what you want out right the first time.

And atleast if you have a good cab you can always hook up another amp to it because the VK wont be your last amp i guarantee you.. And everytime you buy a head your saving cash because your not having to pay for the crappy speakers they always throw in combos...
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at May 23, 2008,
Well if you want a VK combo, im selling my 2x12 for 400. If you interested give me a shout i guess.
Guitar: Ibanez Rg 2ex2/ with Dizmarzio Super Distortion
Amp: Peavey Valveking 212 (replacing soon)
Pedals: Planet Waves Tuner, Boss DS-1, Digitech DF-7, MXR-108 EQ
Personally i dont like the valvekings.if you liked them then great!i just bought a laney aor on ebay for 400 bucks(they do go for cheaper too) it seems nice,ive heard clips and they sound awesome.suppose to be a jcm800 on a budget.Check those out if your looking for that tone.i havent tested it out as i dont have a cab yet.(saving)