I've been playing for about ten months and the hardest song I can play well is To Tame a Land by Iron Maiden. Am I on track?
Yeah man! I have a question as well... I notice you live in Mississauga, ON and you're 15...

Wanna join my band? :P We need a bassist and stuff, we're Newmarket-based and stuff but it would work possibly... Check us out in my sig.
Dont really know the song i just looked at the tab and it doesnt look that hard but sure i guess ur on track
Gear:
Guitars/ Basses:
PRS SE singlecut w/Tremolo
Epiphone Sg
Epiphone Thunderbird

Waiting in the wings:
Squier Strat mod
(soon to start)

Amps:
Line 6 Spider JAM
Peavey Max 115 bass amp
There is no required pace to go at.

If you are satisfied with your playing, then you are at a good pace.
The.
Quote by IHATECHILDREN
There is no required pace to go at.

If you are satisfied with your playing, then you are at a good pace.

+1
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by SomeGuyInJersey
can you jam?

Yes I can.

And also, my time is divided into guitar and banjo as well.
Quote by Milaneus
Yo dude, wanna join?

How would it work out? As you said, I'm 15 so logically can't drive there. Maybe a Go Train goes up there but that would be pretty much the only chance.
hmmmmm

i've been playing for 1 year and 6 months, and i can play stuff like dreamtheater and spastic ink

i suppose it all depends on how many hours you play daily - i used to play for about 2 or 3 hours each day for 8 months or so
"Aww what’s the matter? You’re the one who started this game. Now you’re losing and you don’t want to play any more."
-Vegeta
I've been playing for about 2 years already, and the hardest songs I know I can play is the slap riffs by FLEA and Pretty Little Ditty by The Peppers and FCPSITGEPGEPGEP by Fall Off Troy.

Im sure I can play harder songs, but Im more interested in figuring out songs I like by ear than trying to find and play difficult songs.

Most of my time goes to playing Peppers songs, though I had to learn Fall Off Troy, which Im not into at all. for my vocalist, he loves these kinda songs. Haha.
Quote by Demon Wolf
Man, you even got the melody right. +1000000 points.

Quote by Night_Lights
^thats a brilliant call. *jots in notebook*
You shouldn't really concern yourself with what songs you can play, when I was at this learning stage I was mainly about writing and developing my speed and endurance, those kind of things pay off more in the long run.
This thread seems to be turning into a "I can play this, aren't I awesome" circle jerk.
Also TS don't worry about how well you play, just have a good time and enjoy playing the bass, like everyone else in this thread has said
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
If you are happy with where you are, then it doesn't matter how much you know. Some people learn quicker than others. Some people will spend more time on it that others.

Some people will spend all their time practising techniques and speed, while others will spend their time learning how to write the perfect walking bass line.

If you are happy with how fast you are going, nothing else matters.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1