So as you may or may not know, I injured my hand at work in February and no doctors could figure out what was wrong. I couldn't play guitar for like 4 months total (due to a previous injury) and just started playing again a few weeks ago.

I had a nerve test yesterday and they finally figured out what was wrong. I have the carpal tunnel syndrome of someone twice my age. I am left handed, but play guitar like a right handed person; that in addition, writing, playing sports, etc. contributed.

The doctor said that due to my age (22), he would advise surgery. Here's my beef: I just started playing again and this surgery would make me unable to play for another 4 months or so.

It's not just playing, this would affect pretty much everything I do. I could really just smoke reefer and watch tv.

There is also the workman's comp battle I may have to wage if they decide to not pay for it.

The doctor said it's a minor surgery, but I've talked to a lot of people who have had it and they haven't had great things to say.

Since I'm so young I'm probably going to have it. **** this sucks.

What do you guys think?
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
better not playing for 4 months than never playing again...
Quote by dullsilver_mike
I wouldn't be friends with him after that whole text messege thing... not because he's a a cheater but because he's a text-messeger
Quote by devin-canada
better not playing for 4 months than never playing again...
+1 get on the slab and have it done.
Quote by XianXiuHong
Where's the part where Western Medicine comes through?

Yeah, I was thinking cure of cancer or something
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by kennyvspenny

It's not just playing, this would affect pretty much everything I do. I could really just smoke reefer and watch tv.

I don't see the problem here at all.... maybe it is just me?
Quote by XianXiuHong
Where's the part where Western Medicine comes through?

no doctors could figure out what was wrong. I was poked, prodded, and gouged for over 3 months (20+ doctor appointments) before they finally got it.
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
Have it done. Its not so bad sitting around smoking reefer and watching tv. And when you can play again it will be like a renewed passion. Just have the surgery and smoke the weed damnit!
Quote by kennyvspenny
no doctors could figure out what was wrong. I was poked, prodded, and gouged for over 3 months (20+ doctor appointments) before they finally got it.

Carpal tunnel isn't really that rare. How did 20+ doctors not realize it sooner?