Yesterday I got a Ibanez RG, but on the head it says "Gio Ibanez" is it like ibanez's version ofa squire?
yes
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Artist
IbanezGXR20
Line 6 Spider ll 75
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Nano Small Stone
Alvarez FF60WR

Labyrinth Within
The Ibanez GIO Series is a budget guitar series. The GIO guitars are a "budget" model similar to Fender's Squier guitars and Gibson's Epiphone line.

yupz...they are....
Geez it seems like every manufacturer has a budget line. The only major manufacturers I haven't heard of one for are Schecter and Jackson.
Quote by Pyrofretnic
Geez it seems like every manufacturer has a budget line. The only major manufacturers I haven't heard of one for are Schecter and Jackson.

Jackson does. The JS series is starter level. Schecter, I think, doesn't need one; their stuff is cheap already.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
^Omen series, buddy. Besides, the Damiens are pretty cheap, at $400. I've played them before and they feel good-just as good as the Hellraiser FR I've played.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by benben88
The Ibanez GIO Series is a budget guitar series. The GIO guitars are a "budget" model similar to Fender's Squier guitars and Gibson's Epiphone line.

yupz...they are....

Epiphones are better quality than squiers or GIOs through. Epis are comprable to fender's standard strats and teles.
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
Quote by cashewchaching
Epiphones are better quality than squiers or GIOs through. Epis are comprable to fender's standard strats and teles.

No way. I actually think the Gio series feel decent for the price. The epiphones that are good cost the price of a quality guitar.