I feel like smashing my crappy little squier on my next gig. This is really a n00b question but if I smash the **** out of it, is it repairable? Like, if I take it to the store, can they fix it? I know a squier is a bad guitar but I'm kind of attatched to it since it was the first guitar I ever had and I wouldn't want to lose it.
You gig a squier?
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Simple answer:
1. buy a used squier bullet.
2. Bring it on stage with you.
3. Smash it up!
4.?????
5.Profit!

And besides, if it's an Affinity, it'll make a great modding guitar.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Dude i swear to god if you dont smash that guitar and burn it i will do it for you. **** Squier. **** them in the ass. You dont need that kind of **** gaying up your life!
Quote by Toker420
Dude i swear to god if you dont smash that guitar and burn it i will do it for you. **** Squier. **** them in the ass. You dont need that kind of **** gaying up your life!

Ha...

If it's your only guitar...dont?
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Don't smash up a guitar dude... especially if it has sentimental value.

And most likely it will cost as much as a new guitar if not more. Just slide on your knees or flip your guitar around your shoulders ( Don't forget strap locks! ).
Quote by Twisted Magnum
If it's your only guitar and you smash it, then you fail at life, HARD.

it's not, i also have a gibson les paul studio and a $3000 PRS and I dont feel like smashing those too much

If you smash the **** out of it, youd probobly be better off buying another gibson or PRS for the Price of Fixing the bloody thing. just buy a Squier bullet or a starter pack if you really wanna smash something.
Quote by Tubyboulin

If you smash the **** out of it, youd probobly be better off buying another gibson or PRS for the Price of Fixing the bloody thing. just buy a Squier bullet or a starter pack if you really wanna smash something.

or yardsales/craiglist/ebay
ESP F-250
Tubescreamer TS7
Boss DS-1
Boss Metal Zone
Jackson JS30KV
Vox AD50VT-212
POD 2.0
if you only snap the neck then you can just replace the neck (Kurt Cobain did this a lot) if you damage the body it may or may not be repairable depending on where and how badly it's been damaged.

Also I'd like to add that smashing a guitar is a lot harder than it looks.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by blindfatkid23
I feel like smashing my crappy little squier on my next gig. This is really a n00b question but if I smash the **** out of it, is it repairable? Like, if I take it to the store, can they fix it? I know a squier is a bad guitar but I'm kind of attatched to it since it was the first guitar I ever had and I wouldn't want to lose it.
i can picture it now,

you: oh hai guise i was wonder if you could fix my guitar?

guitar shop: o wut seems to be the problem?

you: well i was at a gig and i smashed it

guitar shop: lolwut?
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I’ll kiss you ’cause
With the birds I’ll share...
Quote by blues_man
i can picture it now,

you: oh hai guise i was wonder if you could fix my guitar?

guitar shop: o wut seems to be the problem?

you: well i was at a gig and i smashed it

guitar shop: lolwut?
SIGGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
hmm let me get this straight you are attached to your guitar so ur going to pay for it lile 100 or more dollars to get it fixed when you intentionaly break it. yup smart plan *facepalm*
You.... are attached to it, seeing as it's your first guitar, yet you want to smash it and pay the price that it cost you to get it to repair it?

Don't. Even if you have a Gibson and a PRS, shit's still got some sentimental value.
In my opinion, smashing ANY guitar is a terrible waste.

Someone out there could be wanting desperately to play the guitar, but not be able to afford one.

It will be a cold day in hell when I deliberately smash a guitar.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by Spartan070sarge

Someone out there could be wanting desperately to play the guitar, but not be able to afford one.

+1, I will never intentionally damage or smash my guitar, especially since you're just trying to impress the crowd.
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
Quote by Spartan070sarge

+1

.....\,========================]
...../ ..---.........................-----.............|]
..../_==o;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;-------.:/
....), ...(_(_) ..../
...// (..) ), ------"
..//......//
.//......//
//......//
Agreed, I don't see the point. but if you REALLY want to, follow the directions in my previous post.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
buy one of those chinese counterfeits, smash it and watch it blow up into saw dust
Quote by Spartan070sarge

+1, it really is a waste to be honest. But if its gotta be done just buy a sh*t 2nd/3rd hand squire and completely destroy it, if you have to. Not something that u do or used to love.
Bazza

Epiphone Les Paul Special ll w/ an SD Dimebucker and a Dean Zebra neck pup
Bugera 333xl Head
Bugera 412-bk Cab
Roland Cube 15
Behringer Hell Babe Wah
Dan Electro tuna-melt
EHX Metal Muff

Bugera Lover!
Who the hell want to repair a beat up Squier anyway
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

gigging a squire? smash that f*cker into pieces and get something better!
Quote by blindfatkid23

I never understood why people call Squiers crappy.

Wrong!
^truth. Squiers are by no means bad. My strat (which is a squier affinity) is a solid guitar.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Squier makes some lower end guitars but by no means do they suck. It's just popular to bash Squier. People that own top of the line Gretsch's would probably laugh at most people's Epi Zack Wylde etc. but that's neither here nor there. If you value it, I don't see why you should break it.

On youtube they have an interesting piece with Leo Fender talking about how he hated Jimi burning and smashing his guitars and swore he was gonna stop sending him free ones...until he saw his profits shoot up because of it. If you doing that will get you more guitars, ground zero that ****. If not, why waste a memory?
GEAR:

Gretsch 5120 Anniversary Ed.
Ibanez Artcore AS73
Mann 2350CS (Les Paul Copy)
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Squier Bullet
Boss OS-2
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT 30w
Line 6 Spider III 15W (Hey, I jam in my living room...)
I don't see the point in smashing guitars. It's cheesy, and a waste of money.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
i'd rather sell it and make 20 bucks.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
guys i have a question. i really like my car, but i want to look cool.

see, i cant drive very well, so i think to look better, i might just crash my car in front of some people.

if i do this, do you think, the mechanic will be able to fix it, because i really like this car, or do you think maybe he'll call me a dumbass?

hey guys thanks for helping, cause i really can't figure out on my own if this is a good idea.
see, my mom dropped me on my head when i was a baby, and now i just want to ruin things i love.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565

see, i cant drive very well, so i think to look better, i might just crash my car in front of some people.

if i do this, do you think, the mechanic will be able to fix it, because i really like this car, or do you think maybe he'll call me a dumbass?

hey guys thanks for helping, cause i really can't figure out on my own if this is a good idea.
see, my mom dropped me on my head when i was a baby, and now i just want to ruin things i love.

Jenny's Post=Pwnership of Epic Proportions.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Quote by jj1565

TS got owned so bad his ancestors are feeling the burnnnnnn.
/thread
ADA MP-1 fanatic!

Rig:
ADA MP-1 (stock)
TC Electronic G-Major
Marshall El84 20/20
WTH would you want to do that? to look cool?

*makes a you're a dumbass face towards TS*
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Also I'd like to add that smashing a guitar is a lot harder than it looks.

Good lord thats so true, I actually had a Target les paul copy and I tried to smash it after you played damage inc., and it didnt budge the first hit. Then I just let loose and it broke, very satisfying!
Quote by Dog454
Zakk Wylde is a Viking, and history has proven that you cannot own Vikings, it's impossible.

POKER..UG
If I had a crappy squier bullet I'd smash it on the last song.
(And then repair it via woodglue+clamps, and leave only the bridge pickup in.)

But if it's your first, you really just can't smash it.

but if you have a spare 50 dollars laying around, it'd make a hell of a set finisher.

And I'm saying to the guitar community;
Yes. To look cool. And for personal satisfaction.
Who are you playing to when you play at gigs? Not just yourself, surely?

TS
I say buy another guitar solely for set finishers like that.
I don't even shred
Dude, if you wanna smash that thing, smash it.

Every guitarist who's ever rocked out has wanted to smash a guitar once in their life.

Personally, I've got an ancient Conservarte` Etude classical guitar, and I wanna smash the **** out of it.

It's just something every guitarist wants to do. So, SMASH THAT ****!