Hello everyone, this summer i am going to learn to play the electric guitar and i would like to know what a good site is with good videos on how to play...

I dont really wanna pay for it and i did see that this website has a lessons section on it and im wondering what videos to watch to learn the basics of the electric guitar (like the basic cords and teach you everything you need to know to be able to read songs and play beginner songs :p)

Thanks-codie
Theres really no one place to go for free. unless you got money you pretty much just have to pick up a little here and there.
ok so if i were to buy a dvd set teaching you the basics of how to play a guitar...

meaning from the chords and how to hold ur pick up to basic songs. What dvd set would i wanna buy?

Please not a very expensive dvd set lol maybe 30 bucks or a lil more
Just look on "youtube" and you will pick up the basics, I have only been playing 8 months, and can already play the easy stuff power cords stuff like "Green Day" "blink 182" etc,
Er... Here? there's a GIGANTIC collection of Tabs, as well as literally HUNDREDS of lessons.

Anyway, it's best to get a teacher.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Yeah, I'm doing the same thing you are; learning guitar this summer while I can. So far I think the best places to get help is HERE and YOUTUBE. There are a lot of instructors. Just type in "guitar beginner" or something like that in the search engine and you'll be good to go. And finding some simple songs on here helps you practice your chords and finger placement and whatnot.

Good luck!
haha i c, are the chords the same for the acoustic guitar as for the electric? cus when i go to youtube i wanna learn the chords so i can learn to read music and play it..

i figure by the end of summer iw anna be atleast able to play the easy songs
Quote by GuitarNoob56
haha i c, are the chords the same for the acoustic guitar as for the electric? cus when i go to youtube i wanna learn the chords so i can learn to read music and play it..

i figure by the end of summer iw anna be atleast able to play the easy songs

Of course! Unless you have different tunings. And on Youtube, If you search for s pecific song try typing in: "(Song Name Here) by (Band Name Here) Guitar Lesson" or "How to Play (Song Name) by (Band Name)".