hey i have a 2006 epiphone thunderbird
and i was changing the strings and messed with the bridge settings by accident
and now no matter what i do the strings rattle
i dont no what height to set the bridge to to stop this
or could something else be wrong with the bass

help please this problem just happened like right now as i was changing the strings
Check your nut. It might be that your guage is too big for the nut.

If that's not it, then I'd set the bridge to the highest possible height. Then tighten it a quarter turn and check it. Keep doin that til it stops buzzin.

If neither of those work, go to your local guitar shop and have the guitar tech look at it.
get it where it doesn't buzz (Metallist is right in how), then reintonate it. you don't want to have too much trouble with them high notes.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by the humanity
get it where it doesn't buzz (Metallist is right in how), then reintonate it. you don't want to have too much trouble with them high notes.

high notes on the thunderbird? why bother setting the intonation at all

/forum obligatory thunderbird slam
I know how you can fix this, get rid of that crappy bass and get something decent.

/forum obligatory Thunderbird slam also

If you insist though, take it to someone who knows what they are doing, you could just make it worse otherwise
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
It's possible that if you put lighter strings that the neck is now bended backwards (if you know what i mean... sorry but i don't know the official term for that) and the string slightly touches the first fret. It happened to me before. If so, set the neck angle to be straight!
"When i've got the music
I've got a place to go"

Quote by watchingmefall
Goog luck killing everybody at VH1.

Member #37 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!
Quote by een
It's possible that if you put lighter strings that the neck is now bended backwards (if you know what i mean... sorry but i don't know the official term for that) and the string slightly touches the first fret. It happened to me before. If so, set the neck angle to be straight!

A correctly intonated neck is not straight.
Quote by een

If he doesn't know what he is doing, he shouldn't be messing with the truss rod.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by Deliriumbassist
A correctly intonated neck is not straight.

Wow, didn't know that. I'm ashamed. I should've said get the neck angle right.
I don't want to give bad advices; i think adjusting the tuss rod is not that big deal. I looked up some instructions and manuals on the web and i didn't do any harm to my instrument (except apparently for the correct intonation - wich i'm going to fix now).
"When i've got the music
I've got a place to go"

Quote by watchingmefall
Goog luck killing everybody at VH1.

Member #37 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!