Ok, this is realy stupid.

My picking technique really sucks during the day, but when I play at night, usually past seven or eight, I can really play! It sounds good, it feels good, and, best of all, it's the right way to do it! The only problem is, I can't really do it that way in the day time. I can never figure out why... I relax, I pick with the tip of the pick, I make even motions but it still sounds and feels like crap.

During the day, it feels like I'm trying to shove my pick through logs. The strings just feel so stiff. I can never figure out why.

The question is, does anybody else do this? It's rather annoying and I would really like to be able to play while my parents are awake so I can turn the amp above 2...

EDIT: I'm kind of a nighttime person. Could this be why?
If ur ears aint ringin...ur doin it wrong

You's a VAM-PY-A

No, this never really happens to me. I can pick fine night or day. Except late at night at like 2 AM, when I'm tired and 6 strings become 12 strings.
this happens ot me sometimes too..its not always related to time but sometimes ijust cant seem to pick correctly. It feels like my hands are tight and heacvy and picking gets hard...??
Thats kinda queer-ish
Quote by Bamitchell
So you have possible wang cancer and your on drugs? PWNT.

"Money Can't Buy Life" - Bob Marley
mabye your not warming up during the day before you play, try just doing 1-2-3-4 up and down and moving up one fret as you go up strings, then do that backwards. Also alternate pick that.

Then if you dont know any scales look some up here (the pentatonic is a good first scale) and practice those up and down to warm up.
Quote by SungWismyName
this happens ot me sometimes too..its not always related to time but sometimes ijust cant seem to pick correctly. It feels like my hands are tight and heacvy and picking gets hard...??

Thats EXACTLY what it feels like. Only I feel it all the time in the day.
If ur ears aint ringin...ur doin it wrong

Dude I know what you mean. I hardly have to warmup at night but in the day I have to play a lot to really get going.

Like last night I was playing to a backing track and getting really nice improvs easy but today I tried and I just wasn't focused.

EDIT : I think I'm just more focused and calm during the night.