Hey guys,
Im in the process of finishing up my custom tele im makeing and finally got it done today. I put strings on it, set the neck, set up the action and intonation. So ive been jamming out on it all day and it keeps going out of tune in a bad way.

My question is what is causing it?

It is a tele, toploading bridge, rounded saddles, plastic nut, cheap tuners. I was wondering what is the real problem? My first thought was the tuners because they are pretty cheap... 15bucks for a set of 6 off of local guitar guy. But i also think that since it is toploading, that might cause it.

Can you guys give me some recommendations on how to fix this?
'85 Fender Reissue '75 Jazz Bass ---> Ashdown MAG300h
Schecter C/SH-1 ---> Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Cheap tuners dont stay in tune. A decent set of tuners is 35 - 40 bucks. They market cheaper ones as "economy" for about 10 - 15 bucks. Think of what goes into making a set of tuners and you will understand that 10 bucks is way to cheap. Why make a custom guitar and use the same cheap tuners they put in chinese guitars.
Truss rod? Tuners? The way you strung it? Binding in the nut?
Signatures are overrated.
Prime suspects: Cheap tuners, cheap and/or poorly slotted nut, unstable neck joint, cheap/wobbly saddles, truss rod issues. Toploading shouldn't matter that much as long as the bridge is screwed down properly.
um...You might just need to let the strings stretch out. Of course it could be the nut, or the tuners. My guitar has pretty cheap tuners(it's a starcaster) and it stays in tune pretty well.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
Quote by Roc8995
Prime suspects: Cheap tuners, cheap and/or poorly slotted nut, unstable neck joint, cheap/wobbly saddles, truss rod issues. Toploading shouldn't matter that much as long as the bridge is screwed down properly.

This.

HOWEVER, if you just strung it today...the strings are still stretching out a bit. Let it sit overnight.