I want a guitar that has good tone for bands like Bring Me The Horizon, Blessthefall, A Skylit Drive and The Devil Wears Prada.

Any sugjestions would be nice thanks.
An Ibanez S470
Ibanez RG1570
Jackson RR24
Jackson RR5
Schecter C1 Hellraiser (FR if you want a trem)

Those are some of the ones I'd recommend, although that's only if you like trems.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
ESP/LTD

how much are you willing to spend?
what amp do you have?
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
I'm just looking to see how much I need to earn and i just have a beginner 15W lol. Are Les Pauls good?
LP's are good but not great. If I were you I'd go with the RG.
Studies have shown that 92% of guitar players are close-minded. Copy this into your signature if you're part of the 8% who enjoy rap.
not for death metal/hardcore/metalcore unless they have emg's in it.
and a beginner 15w isnt gonna sound much different even with a new guitar.

a great medium level setup would be anything with active emgs (pretty standard for metalcore) and a modern high gain amp

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-Viper-400-Electric-Guitar?sku=516660
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-RG50TC-50W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=481197
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
Yeah, your amp is probably gonna sound like ass. Save up for both a guitar and amp, and go for maybe a mid level ESP/Ibanez/Jackson. Any one of those companies is worth it.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
The LTD 400 series are the best value guitars you'll find in that price range. Very decent quality instruments, same as the 1000 series guitars minus the flashy (tacky) stuff.
Great for the stuff you want to play.

As has been said, get yourself a new amp if you want a real improvement in tone. Find a used Peavey 5150 combo and you're set.
actually one of the guitarists or both in a skylit drive play a gibson sg.
other than that probably stick to ibanez's they've got that sound down
If you can get one, a Les Paul Gothic with a Floyd Rose tremolo, and install some active EMGs in it.
a bc rich bronze series warlock is good for most types of rock and metal or any other bc rich is pretty good
Quote by WARLOCK123
a bc rich bronze series warlock is good for most types of rock and metal or any other bc rich is pretty good

Oh im grabbing the popcorn for this one. R you serial?
Oh im grabbing the popcorn for this one. R you serial? [/Q

i think you meant to say are you serious. and yes i am,the guy never said what price margin and i know people who have been playing over 15 years that have said the bronze warlock is a good guitar.
I'd stay away from their Bronze Series (which they don't even make anymore), but BC Rich's other stuff is actually quite good. Their quality control, as well as overall quality, on their production models has increased considerably. If you want a Warlock, I'd get a Calibre Warlock.
Wheres the budget?

My vote goes for a Schecter C-1 and a new amp