my g string just broke anywhere i can find single strings?or do they sell them at stores by singles?
You could just buy a whole set and restring the whole thing, keeping your old ones as spares, or put just the new G string on and keep the rest of the new ones as spares.
lmao! No dude they dont. Strings only last about a month or so, max, before they loose their tone. By the time one of them breaks its probably about time to change them anyways. I recommend DR's. Ive never broken a DR. Not even when i used an extra heavy pick and really slammed all the strings. Plus DRs have a long lasting great tone.
How long has it been since you changed you strings? If one broke, maybe it is time to change them all.

If these are Circumstances though, then any music store should sell individual strings.
More likely that a local music store would than a Guitar Center.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
The lifetime of the strings depends on how hard you play them and how often. I'll run right through electric straings but with acoustic strings my Dean is f*cking amazing at making them last for ages, and they don't go out of tune for a long time.

But yeah, get DR's. I know too many people that swear by them to not recommend them.
Studies have shown that 92% of guitar players are close-minded. Copy this into your signature if you're part of the 8% who enjoy rap.
I suggest DRs. However, Guitar Center (oddly enough) will sell you single strings.

The first time I strung my Ibanez bass with DRs, I paid NO attention. I think I was watching a movie, because I snapped the G string while tightening it, before even tuning it.

I went to Guitar Center the next day, and they sold me a single D'Addrio G string for $8.

Seeing as how pricey it was, it's probably more economical to just buy a new (complete) set and change all your strings. Although you might have better luck at a smaller store than Guitar Center.
2006 Warwick
MASTODON
Quote by Toker420
lmao! No dude they dont. Strings only last about a month or so, max, before they loose their tone. By the time one of them breaks its probably about time to change them anyways. I recommend DR's. Ive never broken a DR. Not even when i used an extra heavy pick and really slammed all the strings. Plus DRs have a long lasting great tone.

You sure your talking bass here?

I have it on good authority that James Jamerson never changed his strings...
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
You sure your talking bass here?

I have it on good authority that James Jamerson never changed his strings...

And his tone was pretty flat. If you want a bright tone, you need to change strings every few months. Some people like the tone of dead roundwounds though. I still say they should just get flatwounds. That way, they are at least playing on clean strings.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1