I've just recently bought Half-Life 2 : Episode Pack and the games has alot of trouble running. it tends to lag alot and whenever it loads a new enviroment it'll somtimes freeze. I don't know what else to do about it. I've installed DirectX 9, shut down all other programs (except Steam), defraged the computer, and have all the game settings on low. I've also Re-installed the game twice. I have Half-life 2 as well and that runs perfect even with the game settings all on high. As of this point I do not know what else to do. Keep in mind I don't have access to alot of money or a place to get another graphics card because I live in a small town. Any suggestions or ideas would be helpful.
Thanks.
Depends on your computer specs. If your graphics card is older or your ram is not high enough it will lag like hell,especially when you reach the checkpoints.. i know cause i played HL2 in my old computer (256MB ram) and my comparatively newer pc (2GB ram) and there's a huge difference.
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab
Well I got a Dell with Windows XP, and I'm wondering if maybe I can just download something or change something to fix up the performance.
I can get it to run right, I just need to fiugre out how to take out the lag and freezing. Half-Life 2 runs perfect, episode 1 and 2 don't.
Your computer sucks too much. Just turn all the settings down. And yes, you do have a place to buy a graphics card. The internet!

If you want to get a new PC for gaming, I HIGHLY recommend building it yourself unless:

A) You don't know how to use a screwdriver
B) You enjoy paying twice as much as you have to for things
C) You have tons of money to waste

It's not even 5% as hard as you think. Go here: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/index.php and tons of people will be willing to help, including me.
Last edited by Masonpwiley at May 24, 2008,
www.newegg.com
Start saving...

There isn't much software that you can download to dramatically improve your system's performance.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana