Should I get the Line 6 Spider III (15):http://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6-Spider-III-15-15W-1x8-Guitar-Combo-Amp-103944831-i1168996.gc or the Roland Micro-Cube:http://www.guitarcenter.com/Roland-Micro-Cube-Combo-Amp-481169-i1175936.gc. One thing I'm wondering is why the micro cube is more expensive then the Spider when the Spider has more watts.
HI!!!

Gear
Guitar(s)- SX GG1 STD CSB
Amp(s)- Marshall MS2

Member #26 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
Because the spider III is in league with the Marshall MG to force bad tone and overall sound on everyone in the world.
Quote by DiMeTiMe
+3.141592

Quote by imgooley
It was such a good suggestion you gave him pi?

yeah, he gave me pi.
The Roland Cubes are better amps than the line 6 spiders'. Try looking at the Cube 15 oe 20x they should be cheaper.
well i want one with effects in it. Oh also GuitarUtimate? your post made no sense what so ever
HI!!!

Gear
Amp(s)- Marshall MS2

Haha, sorry for being rather cryptic, the spider III has a reputation for having really bad tone. Especially around here.

But it sounds like you've made up your mind anyways.
Quote by DiMeTiMe
+3.141592

Quote by imgooley
It was such a good suggestion you gave him pi?

yeah, he gave me pi.
Quote by TMisthebest
Should I get the Line 6 Spider III (15):http://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6-Spider-III-15-15W-1x8-Guitar-Combo-Amp-103944831-i1168996.gc or the Roland Micro-Cube:http://www.guitarcenter.com/Roland-Micro-Cube-Combo-Amp-481169-i1175936.gc. One thing I'm wondering is why the micro cube is more expensive then the Spider when the Spider has more watts.

the spider is absolute rubbish. the cube is decent, on the other hand.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/57Deluxe/
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-MH500-Metalhead-Guitar-Amp?sku=480869

why is the 12 watter 900 dollars more than the awesome 550 watter ?!?!
because wattage =/ tone or quality.
Quote by GuitarUltimate?
Haha, sorry for being rather cryptic, the spider III has a reputation for having really bad tone. Especially around here.

But it sounds like you've made up your mind anyways.

it's alright. well both have effects. i was saying i wanted some to the guy who recommended the one with out effects. I'm still not sure though because the Roland is UGLY so keep suggesting. Also, on Guitar Center's website the Spider has really good reviews.
HI!!!

Gear
Amp(s)- Marshall MS2

Quote by TMisthebest
it's alright. well both have effects. i was saying i wanted some to the guy who recommended the one with out effects. I'm still not sure though because the Roland is UGLY so keep suggesting. Also, on Guitar Center's website the Spider has really good reviews.

Of course it has good reviews - the damn site is selling the amp to you! Like hell they'd have bad reviews up there.

Also, I wouldn't judge an amp by how it looks at all. The tone is what matters.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Don't buy an amp for how it looks. Buy it for how it sounds!
And the Spider III is a total crap. Believe me.
Get one of the bigger Roland cubes... I wouldn't want a microamp.
"In peaceful sedation I lay half awake, and all of the panic inside starts to fade. Hopelessly drifting, bathing in
Quote by TMisthebest

99% of the reviews on guitar center are pure bull****.
Don't ever even take them in to account when you are buying something, try it yourself.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
I'm gonna have to jump off the bandwagon for a second.

While it's true that Spiders are not good at all if you're looking at the bigger ones for practices and gigs, I would say that it's a fine practice amp. I'd take it.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Last edited by Sonicxlover at May 24, 2008,
I have the Roland 20W Cube and its nice. Good cleans, very nice distortion, effects, it has everything you want. It had mutliple distortion setting from just a bit of overdrive to metal stack. very nice little practice amp. Sounds much better then the Spider III. Get the 20W.
- - Dave - -

Gear:

ESP LTD EC-1000 Amber Sunburst w/Duncans
Roland 20W Cube Amp

Want:
New tube amp.....
Quote by Sonicxlover
I'm gonna have to jump off the bandwagon for a second.

While it's true that Spiders are not good at all if you're looking at the bigger ones for practices in gigs, I would say that it's a fine practice amp. I'd take it.

Well i played one of the 15 spider III and it sounded really good
HI!!!

Gear
Amp(s)- Marshall MS2

You cant go by reviews you see on music store sites. A 15 watt spider isnt to bad its the higher wattage ones that are a waste of money. But you will also want to look at buying the special pedal that goes with spiders if you want to switch channels etc. And spiders arent known for their reliability or resale value. The roland is a much better amp for the money. You can always go with a simpler amp with no effects and use a multifx or stomp boxes.
well now i remember that when i played on the metal one and then a few minuets later i went to the clean or twang and i couldnt hear ANYTHING
HI!!!

Gear
Amp(s)- Marshall MS2

Quote by TMisthebest
well now i remember that when i played on the metal one and then a few minuets later i went to the clean or twang and i couldnt hear ANYTHING

There's differences in the preset's channel volume. Just turn it up.
Quote by TMisthebest
Well i played one of the 15 spider III and it sounded really good

No offense or anything but how long have you been playing? You probably couldn't tell the difference in sound between that Spider and a Dumble. My point being is it takes a while for you to develop an ear for tone. You my like it now but somewhere down the road you're going to find yourself saying "My amp sounds like ****. I should have taken the advice of those people on UG". Now it seems like you're hellbent on getting the Spider so why the hell did you even ask for peoples opinions if you're not going to listen to them?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by MortifiedLizard
There's differences in the preset's channel volume. Just turn it up.

I turned it all the way up
HI!!!

Gear
Amp(s)- Marshall MS2

If it's a bedroom practice beginner amp, I like the SIII's because of that input for mp3 players and such. Nice to play along with stuff sometimes.

I've actually gigged with my 75w, but I'm also a geek and spent the time really dialing in a tone that didn't sound digital and sterile. I don't plan on doing it for much longer, though, but you can, with patience, massage them a bit. If I could turn back time, I probably would have gone a different direction, though. I knew what I was buying though, so I guess I shouldn't kick myself too harshly.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
the reviews are bull****, the line 6 spider sounds like so much ass it isn't funny.

the microcube costs more because it sounds 10 times better..

anyone who thinks spiders sound good are new to guitar.. or they lost their taste in tone by playing through it since they were new to guitar...
very ****ty amp.
I'd go for the spider, as long as its for practice then it's great, is there one with a smaller wattage?
Quote by BaffAttack
If it's a bedroom practice beginner amp, I like the SIII's because of that input for mp3 players and such. Nice to play along with stuff sometimes.

I've actually gigged with my 75w, but I'm also a geek and spent the time really dialing in a tone that didn't sound digital and sterile. I don't plan on doing it for much longer, though, but you can, with patience, massage them a bit. If I could turn back time, I probably would have gone a different direction, though. I knew what I was buying though, so I guess I shouldn't kick myself too harshly.

Cube can do that too. All you need is a cable with 2 headphone (1/8", cd/mp3 player sized) jacks.