do you think, that if a kid plays guitar hero, and gets good, gets intrested in the music, will he/she eveantually pick up a real guitar?, wanting to play those songs?

and does guitar hero help you the slightest bit with your real guitar skills?

i have always noticed a little better playing after a couple songs of oldschool guitar hero....(number 1)
-Frieden und Liebe-

Filial Piety

Filial Piety Band Website

Quote by Toker420
Holy diver is an awesome song that makes small children explode and drugs appear from thin air.
Quote by Filial Piety
do you think, that if a kid plays guitar hero, and gets good, gets intrested in the music, will he/she eveantually pick up a real guitar?, wanting to play those songs?

Yes and no.
Yes. That's why most of the tabs in Ug's top 100 tabs are from guitar hero.

And to the second part. No.
Quote by Vermintide
I love getting hit in the balls.

Sometimes, I masturbate while imagining my girlfriend is ramming her knee up into my precious orbs. It turns me on so much.

Actually, that's not true. I don't have a girlfriend
Hello, and welcome to the Pit.

Jeez, there's like a wave of newbs coming in.
Quote by marshmellow666
this thread is retarded!!!

Anyways, to answer your question, no, i don't think GH helps in my guitar playing. I still find it fun, nonetheless.
Last edited by Doppelgänger at May 24, 2008,
People generally want to play songs that they know and like. Gee what a novel idea.

And I don't see how it will help you much. I'd just like to see people use their whammy bars like they do in that game in real life, especially live.
no no no no. at best GH helps build rythum.

go to youtube and watch real guitar players play GH and watch em burn

(bad analogy yeah)
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
Quote by FireandFlames
I should stick GH stickers on the first five frets of my guitar just for lulz...

lol that'd be awesome
It is WAY easier to learn how to play GH if you play guitar already, cause the motions and everything are natural. Pretty much if you are good at alternate picking on normal guitar and you have good rhythm, and know the song you're playing, you can play most of the stuff on GH.
But then again... it's so much more satisfying to play the solo to One or Cliffs of Dover in real life
Oldschool guitar hero? People are being elitist about a video game controlled by a piece of plastic scultped to look like a guitar... A toy, if you will.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy playing GH, I would just never use it as a bragging right for anything.

Sweet jesus.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by Filial Piety

i have always noticed a little better playing after a couple songs of oldschool guitar hero....(number 1)

Depends on the person.
Most probably will attempt the songs in the games.
no.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
This thread has been done seriously like 150 times.

The two are different. One is a game. One is not.
*reported*
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Hey thats exactly what happened to me. I started with GH and moved to real guitar because of it.
Quote by Tubyboulin
Apperently thats called rape Who knew?
Some that play guitar say it helps with their pinky. And yes, my friend is second in the world on Downloadable Content, and he's saving for a decent guitar now.
Quote by fretsonfire74
Some that play guitar say it helps with their pinky. And yes, my friend is second in the world on Downloadable Content, and he's saving for a decent guitar now.

He should probably just get a decent starter pack to begin with.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
i dont think so cause my mate absolutly shredds guitar, like he is extremely good but he cant play gitar hero at all, he cant do the easiest song on the easiest level.
And on the 7th day God created METAL!
just a thing i heard from my music teacher here, apparently it's harder for real guitar players to play guitar hero well. anyway, i agree with half of your post TS
Quote by shakes23
Yes. That's why most of the tabs in Ug's top 100 tabs are from guitar hero.

And to the second part. No.

Also probably has a lot to do with the developers wanting to put songs in their game that are famous for their guitar parts
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...