hey UG.
i am sometimes amazed at how you can get some really great guitars/amps/effects etc. for pretty cheap. this is the thread to discuss all of these well known bargains, as well as tell everyone about other not so well ones.

ill get the ball rolling, first of all, the fender champion 600 is a great little 5watt tube amp for about $200. im wanting a 5 watt tube amp and this is one im considering (the only one i have personal experience with.) for me it would be a great practice amp, i could keep it in my dorm room. also, im sure it would get used alot in the studio.

second, although i think this starts to get a little bit on the expensive side, but fender MIM instruments are really a great bang for your buck. if you try out alot of them, then you can get a great sounding and great playing instrument that will last you for quite sometime.

also, there are some website that sell effect pedal kits that you build for yourself. (cant link them, im not sure if its against the rules.) i have a TS808 clone, it friggen nails the classic sound. only cost me about 55 bucks (US). lots to choose from too.

ok UG, its your turn. tell me about some great deals, or discuss these. im sure someone will disagree with these choices. pretty much any guitar related stuff can go in here.
I got a 1981 Gibson ES335 Sunburst for only around US1600. It an all original bought from the Kalamazoo factory 27 years ago...mint condition
Quote by gibder
I got a 1981 Gibson ES335 Sunburst for only around US1600. It an all original bought from the Kalamazoo factory 27 years ago...mint condition

well that is sweet. pics please haha
but im talking more about like really cheap things that most people can easily afford.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Well, mexican strats gotta be high on that list, even though some people talk **** about them, mine is fantastic, couldn't be happier, for 300 used.

then the PEAVEY CLASSIC 30

I can't speak for the new ones, but I have one that's 12 years old and it kicks ass. I'm selling my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe and keeping my classic 30. That's how much ass it kicks.
and I got it for 300 (used again, but they're reasonable new, I just cant attest to their quality)
If Rock is a lifestyle, then Metal's an addiction

"People don't kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
I wouldnt give a ****, i would gladly play music for people to steal it!
ive never played a Peavey classic, but they get high acclaim around here. i really should try one out.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
peavey makes some of the best cheap amps out there. the valveking and windsors are pretty good amps. i'm goind to buy a valveking or windsor halfstack this june.
awesome. how much do the valvekings go for?
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
i know this isnt "cheap" per se, but if anyone's ever contemplating on getting a Landgraff and shell out almost half a grand, you may wanna check out a Lovekraft Mojodrive first. its around 1/3 of the price, and a lot of people are saying they are very similar. you can also get the option to have it on a Lucibox and it looks similar to the LDO's graphics.

ive been wanting to grab one of these, but i have to sell my OCD first before i do...
Jong

Strat, V847a, OCDv3, Carbon Copy, DD-5, Flying Dragon, EL84 amp
Wow, personally the champ 600 is a horrible addition to the 5 watt bandwagon.
And imo mim fenders are overpriced in comparison to squier affinites and the lite ash fender tele which wipes the floor with the mim tele for an extra £20.

/negativity

Now for positiveness

Squier affinites
Squier vintage mod series
Deffo worth a look.

Laneys are hxc.

EHX pedals are all great.
Quote by beckyjc
And imo mim fenders are overpriced in comparison to squier affinites and the lite ash fender tele which wipes the floor with the mim tele for an extra £20.

/negativity

Now for positiveness

Squier affinites
Deffo worth a look.

Laneys are hxc.

maybe the MIMs are overpriced in the UK, but there very affordable here in the US. I also disagree with your opinion on the champ, but hey, to each his//her own haha.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
PEAVEY CLASSICS!!!!

Seriously, possibly the best tone:price ratio ever.
Bugeras seem to be gaining up on them though.

Other than that, I have a great tubescreamer.
It's a TS7, modded to TS808 specs, then modded tons after that. Best overdrive i've ever played.
100 bucks shipped too .

And, no one can forget about the Epiphone Valve Junior.
I think the head is much better to get than the combo. Especially if you have combos or cabs with good speakers that you can use the EVJ with.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Last edited by darkarbiter7 at May 25, 2008,
you should probably change your sig to low wattage TUBE amps. i just guessing thats what you want.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
you should probably change your sig to low wattage TUBE amps. i just guessing thats what you want.

Actually, i'd settle for a microcube or a vox valvetronix.
I just want one for practice and portability. Tone isn't necessary ( )
I'm just sick of having two 50+ pound amps, it gets pointless to bring one or both to youth group just to jam with an acoustic guitarist .
But, i'd prefer an EVJ head, since I want to get into modding.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I scored a Danelectro Cool Cat today for $30, and its actually really nice for such a cheap pedal.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by SSL27
I scored a Danelectro Cool Cat today for $30, and its actually really nice for such a cheap pedal.

what is a cool cat?
yeah i hear good things about SOME of there pedals.
i heard some guy on youtube using a danelectro egg salad as a really great sounding univbe type thing.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Actually, I like my danelectro wasabi OD, especially for the 20 bucks I got it for.
It may be the only od which actually sounds decent with SS amps.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
does danelectro still make guitars?
you can buy vintage danolectros for pretty cheap still, like 2-300 bucks. i almost bought one at a guitar show, i felt stupid though, since everyone else was buying $30,000 guitars haha.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
what is a cool cat?
yeah i hear good things about SOME of there pedals.
i heard some guy on youtube using a danelectro egg salad as a really great sounding univbe type thing.

It's a chorus pedal, and its one of their better pedals.

I made a thread about it if you wanna check it out.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Schecter guitars, Digitech Bad Monkey.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by beckyjc

/negativity

Now for positiveness

Squier affinites
Deffo worth a look.

Laneys are hxc.

i agree with you about the current MIM fenders. they really aren't much better than the squier affinity series. However, both my fenders are '02 Mexican made, (standard strat and deluxe series cyclone) and comparing them to any squier is just no contest, the fenders are a hell of a lot better. also +1 to all your positiveness.

I'd like to suggest Hamer guitars, they are excellent for the price. Dare i also mention danelectro? their guitars sound and play great. they just don't look too good hehe, but who cares about that?
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.