I can't write music anymore
It's not that I'm not inspired, I just seem to have forgotten how to turn that inspiration into music.

Has this happened to any of you before, or does anyone have any advice?
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
I usually play bass when I can't write anything with a guitar. Maybe playing another instrument can help you come up with new stuff.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Intro
Verse 1
Chorus
Verse 2
Chorus
Bridge
Verse 3
Chorus
Outro

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Don't force yourself to write anything, it'll sound rubbish. Listen to different music than you usually would.
Quote by shut_up_n00b
I usually play bass when I can't write anything with a guitar. Maybe playing another instrument can help you come up with new stuff.

Yeah, I often find it quite hard to write on guitar, mainly because I've gotten into certain habbits when trying to write on it. So I try on piano, and sometimes I come up with something good, and different to what I usually write.
Listen to Da Lemmings OnSombol. Phenominal band... they play quirky jazz licks and their songs are great for implementing into any style of music.

I believe on myspace they have it as DLO(Da Lemmings OnSombol).

Written just like that.
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
Quote by shut_up_n00b

+1
apart from stringed instruments i play harmoinica and its just so different that when i go back to guitar it seems very fresh.
watch a surrealist film, or some movie that doesnt have much dialog. then just kinda play along to whatever is going on in the movie. it helps you think in terms of what you want the music to inspire, instead of the actual mechanics of the notes. dont worry if it sounds like crap, its just good practice.

anyway, i suggest Eraserhead. it could be found for free on the internet if you were a man of means. im warning you, its weird and disturbing. dont say i didnt warn you.
I have no opinion on this matter.
im not one to write things straight from an event which occured in my life
i used to do that, it sounded try-hard and cliche
so what i do, is write whatever is floating around in my head
and then blending it into some form of story later
Quotes from other UGers in your signatures that talk about how good you are suck donkey schlong.
the film thing is great, ones with not much dialog, and ones with lots of drama, its even good to know wat is going to happen so you can apply different things like buildup and whatnot, just pretend you are making a soundtrack

EDIT: and make emotional

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Just give up, because Callo just destroyed you.
Quote by daytripper75
if i am not pooping, i stand to pee. if i am pooping, it makes more sense to just sit down in the first place.

CALLO

Last edited by Callo at May 24, 2008,
drink or do drugs. the next mental level you reach this way opens up so many ways of creativity! seriously metallica and so on were better musicians when they did alcohol so hard^^
Thanks everyone I'll try what you've all said

Quote by punk_metal
whalepudding are you going to opeth?

I hope so, I'm trying to get the money, hopefully tickets will still be on sale by the time I get it.

Are you?
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY