gaaahhhh its not even in time. that chord progression is used in practically every teen Tv show.
i cant tell if the rhythm/timing is deliberate or not, anyway, that power chord progression is pretty common to my ears... i cant think of examples of songs but it sounds familiar like its been done dozens of times. but that means you can use it. like 12 bar blues :P
dwl'd it, then promptly deleted it. I remember playing stuff like that when I was a lad, but I also remembering thinking to myself, "someday, I'll be able to play better stuff than power chords"

And at the same time, I was thinking to myself "I hope no one hears me playing, because I really suck."

I'm pretty sure those thoughts didn't go through your head.
I have no life.
Quote by ibryant0915
I think the rhythm is intentional guys, and as for the sound quality, just imagine the same thing but with perfect intonation and perfect recording gear.

Then it's a good riff.

thats the biggest piece of **** ive ever heard. just shut up.
Here's my point...

Players are at the same playing level (experience), similar riff, better recording equipment:

http://www.mediafire.com/?bbq2yhiutn9

See? His original riff could work as at LEAST a decent background/chord progression for an outro solo or something.
Last edited by ibryant0915 at May 24, 2008,
dont even get me started, seriously, that is not a riff, its a chord sequence, its badly played. this dude needs a click track. as before, just shut up.

that recording was still crap.
Quote by ibryant0915
Here's my point...

Players are at the same playing level (experience), similar riff, better recording equipment:

http://www.mediafire.com/?bbq2yhiutn9

See? His original riff could work as at LEAST a decent background/chord progression for an outro solo or something.

You are too nice and accepting. The kid'll never learn and develop if people take this "Mother's Attitude" with him.

Quote by stueey
dont even get me started, seriously, that is not a riff, its a chord sequence, its badly played. this dude needs a click track. as before, just shut up.

that recording was still crap.

Though i am closer to agreeing with you you could tone it down a bit....
Quote by priceless_twirp
i was prepared to be open minded here...but JESUS!!! Heard of a click track?!

This.

Use a metronome more often, man.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.