hey guys.

Just wondering if anyone could recommend some good songs by good bands to learn in drop C that may go some way to improve my rythm playing and are just generally fun and cool.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
her voice resides - bullet for my valentine?
New Playlist On My Profile

Quote by chll
i think she's a horny type girl

cuz 1 tym io remember she asked me to kiss her
Hand of Blood by Bullet, or some Killswitch Engage songs, Hope Is has a stonkingly good riff.
Quote by Alter-Bridge
If I had sex as much as you said the word "shit" I would be paris hilton.

Quote by rworsl
I have never felt closer to either cheese or weasels

Quote by Vermintide

DURN THING DUN GONE MESS UP AGIYAN. MARGE, FETCH ME MAH BOOMSTIYAK
most modern metal/alt/core bands. stuff like killswitch, bullet, as i lay dying, 36 crazyfists, fightstar, children of bodom, some dream theater and so on and so forth.
through struggle - as i lay dying
actually pretty much any as i lay dying is good

any bullet is good

any killswitch is good

try break the silence by killswitch
thanks for all the suggestions dude, think i'm going to learn that as i lay dying song fist
i suggest St Anger. Being the horrible album it is by Metallica standards has some relatively simple riffs to get used to drop C with.
Sick Puppies-Cancer, Issues, and Pitiful

I quite like those songs actually.
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Quote by Ali-b912
i suggest St Anger. Being the horrible album it is by Metallica standards has some relatively simple riffs to get used to drop C with.

its not so much that im not used to drop c, haven't played in drop c in a gd while though. I was just bored really and thought i'd try learning some songs which i might not have heard about before.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
None of these bands mentioned play in drop C. They are all drop D and one step down. Drop C tuning is: C, A, D, G, B, E which would sound completely horrible.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
None of these bands mentioned play in drop C. They are all drop D and one step down. Drop C tuning is: C, A, D, G, B, E which would sound completely horrible.

lol fail!!

drop c is CGCFAD and most of the bands mentioned DO play in drop C i dont know what you were smoking when you wrote that but yeah you FAILED!
New Playlist On My Profile

Quote by chll
i think she's a horny type girl

cuz 1 tym io remember she asked me to kiss her
Quote by sektor47
Holy Diver - Killswitch Engage or Dio
Forever - As I Lay Dying
94 Hours - As I Lay Dying
Rose Of Sharyn - Killswitch Engage

Dio's version of the song is played in standard, just thought I'd clear that up.
Blooddrunk by Children of Bodom is a fun song in drop c and the rhythm is pretty simple.
Last edited by aznmetalhead93 at May 24, 2008,
ANything from Godsmack
98' 1960 Les Paul Classic
00' 57' Reissue Goldtop Les Paul
92' R0' Historic Les Paul

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Trem-o-verb 2x12 combo
Mesa 2x12 Rectifier Extention cabinet
Boss GT-8
Korg DTR-1 Rackmount tuner
Sennheiser WZ-300 wireless
Quote by BFMVrrule
lol fail!!

drop c is CGCFAD and most of the bands mentioned DO play in drop C i dont know what you were smoking when you wrote that but yeah you FAILED!

lol fail!!

drop c is CADGBE and most of the bands you mentioned play in drop D down full step i don't know what you were smoking when you wrote that but yeah you FAILED!

It's a common misconception, Drop C technically means just dropping the E string to a C. To get the tuning ''Drop C'' as it is more commonly known you have to the drop the E to a D and then tune all the strings down a whole-step.
Last edited by Horlicks at May 24, 2008,
so much fail...

Drop C is often used to refer to CGCFAD, and is almost never used to refer to CADGBE, even though that is what drop c really is.

No one ever says, "Yeah I tune to drop d down one step."
Quote by i_am_metalhead

All aboard the fail train

Death has epic riffs in D Standard...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
endzeit by heaven shall burn. Epic riffing
I decided I want to be more like the people on ug...

Searchbar!!!

That oughta do it.

Time for a supercool guitar demonstration by herman li,

Herman Li- why is this guitar so big?

Stage guy- because its a bass herman

Quote by aznmetalhead93
Dio's version of the song is played in standard, just thought I'd clear that up.
Blooddrunk by Children of Bodom is a fun song in drop c and the rhythm is pretty simple.

its still in the same Key though, just transposed for a lower tuning.

for an interesting turn try All These Things I Hate (Revolve Around Me) by Bullet For My Valentine, its in 6/8 so it will give you an opportunity to practice in other time signatures.
Last edited by Eric 666 at May 24, 2008,