is anyone knowledgeable on this topic?
i really need help with my modern history assignment, i cant find any sources on what the Arab's motives were to go to war with Israel..

so.. why did they?
because they saw Israel as a threat?

it would be really awesome if you happened to have a link to primary sources e.g. official documents etc.. i cant find any. and its not allowed to be wikipedia

im trying to argue that the west bank, gaza (territories that were annexed during 6 day war) are Palestinian sovereign territory and should be returned.. despite the Arab's provocative actions.
Wait what?
I'm doing a Modern History assignment on the Arab-Israeli conflict, and I live in the Gold Coast.
D:
more sig required.
Quote by Is_6_9?
Wait what?
I'm doing a Modern History assignment on the Arab-Israeli conflict, and I live in the Gold Coast.
D:

do you have to make one of those source book things? got any sources you would like to give me??
6 days of fighting, one day of rest
june '67, taught them respect, control Jerusalem!

e-cookie to whoever knows the song.
Go to a libary and book out any large war book. They'll usually have a good description of the sides, motives, battles, casulties and weapons used.
Quote by ralph wiggum
do you have to make one of those source book things? got any sources you would like to give me??

Nah lol, we're just doing a 1000 word essay :P
more sig required.
Quote by Is_6_9?
Nah lol, we're just doing a 1000 word essay :P

we have to have 15 sources with reflections on reliability and usefulness to back up our essay..
Good luck with that, i'm mostly just making up BS for my essay, but these might help:

Carleton, R. (2001), Human Bombs

Carleton, R. (2001), Israeli/Arab Divide

-Both 60 Minutes segments on the conflict, but not the war specifically.
more sig required.
Last edited by Is_6_9? at May 24, 2008,
peter and dan snow (they do the 20th century battlefields programme), they did one on the 6 day war. try and find that somewhere. that should explain why the war started
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by ralph wiggum
is anyone knowledgeable on this topic?
i really need help with my modern history assignment, i cant find any sources on what the Arab's motives were to go to war with Israel..

so.. why did they?
because they saw Israel as a threat?

it would be really awesome if you happened to have a link to primary sources e.g. official documents etc.. i cant find any. and its not allowed to be wikipedia

im trying to argue that the west bank, gaza (territories that were annexed during 6 day war) are Palestinian sovereign territory and should be returned.. despite the Arab's provocative actions.

I'm pretty sure it was something to do with the creation of Israel where Palestine was. The other Arab nations supported the PLO and did not recognize Israel as a nation.
Of course, it goes deeper than that.
But that's it basically, I think.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
You see those reference numbers in the wikipedia article? They're the references the wiki article used. Use them.

time to edit the article to **** with him.