i was originally gunna get a Epiphone les paul standard, but then found a way i could get a gibson instead, so which out of the Custom, Studio and Standard would be the best one to go for and whyy?

and what is the actual different between all of themm?

Thanks alot.
Jamie
Standard. Studio is good too, if you can lay your hands on a good one. Some of them are very nice. But they are a hit & miss. I said standard, because imo the custom isnt worth the extra 2000$. Some people think otherwise, and thats their right.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Gibson les paul standard, amazing guitar. I have one in desertburst. The green tuners r ****, so i changed them 2 grovers n put the scratchplate on it. Best guitar I have evr had.
i will say custom cause i have a custom and it is great. though i've never had any others so i can't compare
okayy. thanks.
so what the difference between the standard, custom, studio and classic?

baring in mind ima left handed, so does this effect which ones i can get cause iv looked around and i cant find a left hand classic?
maybe im just not looking hard enough?
J.
Last edited by Felgate at May 24, 2008,
Quote by Felgate
okayy. thanks.

baring in mind ima left handed, so does this effect which ones i can get cause iv looked around and i cant find a left hand classic?
J.

You might have to order one in through your store. That's a problem being L-H not many guitar stores have a big range . Well to be honest i would get a S/H hand Gibbo but that's just me. But if you are going to be buying new i would more go to the Custom or Classic. I wouldn't go to the studios. But just play some L-H ones in the store and choose which one you like.

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Quote by Felgate
okayy. thanks.

J.

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/divisions/gibson%20usa/products/lespaul/

I'd go with the one that feels, sounds, and plays the best, all of these are preferences. All things being equal, I'd then go for the one that looks the best and can afford.

i cant actually tell the difference between the 3, but what i do know is that their all very nice , because i have actually played all 3 of them. i would recommend the gibson les paul 58 standard, not because of the way it looks, but the way it sounds
you forgotten the les paul classic antique. they have classic 57 pickups and have a much nicer headstock thn the studio and standard.