There is currnetly no official world record for the most notes played in one minute, but I am attempting to set one. I am playing a 7-note riff 5 times a second (35 notes a second) for 60 seconds, for a total of 2100 notes. Please note that the guitar playing in this video has no musical/creative value. I'm just trying to play as many notes as possible for one minute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z089jJN2K2I

Bob
hooray, no musical/creative value. I bet most people can beat ur record, try putting some music in there
I'm sure you could have tapped another string with another finger to get more notes. C'mon now, this is serious business, you should be trying your best.
Real eyes realise real lies.
Quote by Zeh
I'm sure you could have tapped another string with another finger to get more notes. C'mon now, this is serious business, you should be trying your best.

I think sweep picking + legato would beat that easilly or even speed picking,
you could increase your speed by using two fingers (so 1 additional note) of your picking hand as well
Quote by numinis
hooray, no musical/creative value. I bet most people can beat ur record, try putting some music in there

Hey jackass, the guy is trying to set a record, not score a #1!! Take it easy, and back off. BTW, I also agree, if you added some more tapping you'd get far more notes in there. Maybe 2 finger tapping? Just so you can give it your all, know what I mean?
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Your gonna have to practice alot more to even come close to the likes of michael angelo batio and Allan holdsworth in terms of speed alone. Keep trying tho i guess.