First off, I'm feeling ill and sleep deprived anyway, which doesn't help.

But mostly this is because I'm having dreads put in (but not at this second), and I was confident I wanted them before, but now they don't look as good as I expected. Mostly because they aren't enough and they are too fat. I don't dislike them, but I'm not as happy with them as I thought I would be. And I know most people are going to judge me for them, which would be fine if it was exactly what I wanted....

I know most of UG hates dreads except on rastas, but I have the kind of hair you cant do anything with, so I thought I'd try this before I got a hair cut.

If I'd paid a hairdresser or something, not liking them would be fine. It would have been a massive waste of money, but other than that, no problem. The real problem with not liking them is that they have been put in by one of my best mates, on her own. Its taken many hours and there are still a few left to go. And after that, if I have them cut off any time soon, she is going to be upset/hate me.

I should have listened to you lot. Dreads are a bad idea.
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
Go Corgan style. It's your own hair.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Kirk_Hammett000
Cheer up!

in a few days / weeks time you would be laughiing at all this!

Thats what I'm hoping.

I have only had one meal in about 60 hours, which whilst not being that unusual for me, the fact that I have no desire to eat shows that I'm slightly ill. Which is probably why I feel so lousy.

Quote by rigiddigits
If you don't like how they look you should just tell her.

Not yet. If in a month I'm still not happy, its not so bad telling her. Beside, She is probably the most awesome person I've ever met, and telling her now would upset her, and reduce the chance of sexytime in the future.

She was prepared to spend about 12 hours of her time, and end up with blistered hands, just for me. I owe her.

.fm
.wordpress
Show us the pictures. I bet they look fine.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by Fleabag
Not yet. If in a month I'm still not happy, its not so bad telling her. Beside, She is probably the most awesome person I've ever met, and telling her now would upset her, and reduce the chance of sexytime in the future.

She was prepared to spend about 12 hours of her time, and end up with blistered hands, just for me. I owe her.

Ohh I see... Don't tell her then.
Quote by rabidguitarist
Show us the pictures. I bet they look fine.

I'll have before and after pics up when the last few go in.

Should be a few hours.

Quote by rigiddigits
Ohh I see... Don't tell her then.

.fm
.wordpress
Wel...

*leaves thread before fail*

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Update.

She finished them this morning, and I have been obsessing about it all day. Its reached the point where I hate the things. I want to get rid of them asap. IMO I look so retarded I don't want to post pictures. Maybe when they are gone and I can laugh about the whole thing.

So pit, do I risk pissing off, or even worse - upsetting, this wonderful woman who just dedicated 12 hours of her life to me, and get rid of them in the next few days? Or do I wait a week or 2 and use a reasonable excuse like I caught lice, and had to get rid of the dreads to get rid of them?

I hate moments like this. It has been a painful journey to get to somewhere that I don't want to be. If only I could go back and listen to the nagging doubts....

*Is not happy*

.fm
.wordpress
I'd suck it up and walk around with them and get some honest opinions.
Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves.
Quote by Surak
I'd suck it up and walk around with them and get some honest opinions.

Yea, I guess thats probably the way to go.

Except I'm certain I look like a bellend. So I'll let all you lovely people laugh. The best bit is, in real life it looks even more stupid than this. I basically have a center parting, and the front 2 dreads seem to spend most of their time sticking out horizontally...

Assuming you lot can see this. Last time I used uploadgeek, no-one could see it...

.fm
.wordpress
dude you look gangsta.

keep them. srsly.

you have the right kind of face for dreds
Dreads can look awesome sometimes. My housemate's got them and they look awesome:

Can't you just make them thinner somehow?
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by Yakult
Can't you just make them thinner somehow?

That's the problem. Not without taking them out and starting again. Which is a shame, because I wanted thin dreads, and they could look quite good, but they are about 300% harder to get now than they were before this was started...

Quote by Audio™
They look okay, but next time get a professional :P

Oh definitely. Its a no-brainer really, I was just being a poor student. She knew how to do them, but there is a reason hairdressers can get away with charging £50 an hour for dreads....

.fm
.wordpress
omgrlydatsux

but no seriously, they don't look bad and eventually you'll adjust to it.
I want to go as far to the edge without going over. Out on the edge, you can see all kinds of different things.
they don't look that bad...they stick out a bit, but they might flatten a bit if you give it time. they probably would have been better thinner, but they do suit you. just leave them in for a week or two and see what you think. 'cos cutting them off, offending the girl, then realising you miss them in a few days would make you feel even worse. and it would take ages to get them back, and you'd probably have to pay a hairdresser. give it time
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Just wondering, how long was your hair before you got them?

I'm kinda interested in getting dreads. My hair is pretty damn curly though and it goes into an afro instead of falling down so theres not many nice styles for it that look appealing, so thats why I want dreads.

Thing is I'd have to grow my hair really long and keep it as an afro for a long time
I think they look pretty sweet. If they stick out too much, you could try wearing a hat of some kind, or if you want to hide them get one of those rasta hat things.
kill all humans
Shoulder length plus a little.

My hair never formed a full on afro, but it was very curly. Once it gets a bit longer I basically had a perm instead of an afro. But if you put gel, or something similar in it to weigh it down, it can look quite good.

Unfortunately, my hair just looked retarded most of the time. But in all honestly, that might just be because I hate my hair with a passion...

.fm
.wordpress
Quote by Fleabag
Not yet. If in a month I'm still not happy, its not so bad telling her. Beside, She is probably the most awesome person I've ever met, and telling her now would upset her.

God forbid a woman gets upset!

-SD