I wrote this article but I don't know if it is original or if I saw it somewhere at some point and just can't remember. I don't want to become a plagiarising bastard so I thought I'd see if you guys could help me.

Basically it's about how this soap opera must be controlling the media and the events they report on because the storyline of the soap opera is up to date with current events even though they tape the show months in advance.

Has this been done before? I can't remember
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, your eyes will get sore after a while."
Quote by soulflyV
Quote by Xplozive
Once I was pissing in the kitchen sink when I'd had a few and my friend walked in and goes wtf.

Once I was pissing in my friend when a few had I'd and my sink wtf goes in and walked.
Quote by plastercaster

I can only imagine how long you must've been waiting for a situation in which to use that picture.
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, your eyes will get sore after a while."
Quote by Kirk_Hammett000
But T/S i think its pretty Oringiall!

Yeah it's oringiall.
Learn to spell.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Simsimius
Yeah it's oringiall.
Learn to spell.

Edit: Oh, I see what you did there

*takes down picture*

*walks away*

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Well if you wrote it, I'm pretty sure that counts as 'oringall'.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by JamesDouglas
I can only imagine how long you must've been waiting for a situation in which to use that picture.

Actually, what I'm really waiting for is a "my camera's broken" thread so I can post pics or didn't happen.

Quote by Simsimius
Yeah it's oringiall.
Learn to spell.

Quote by soulflyV
Quote by Xplozive
Once I was pissing in the kitchen sink when I'd had a few and my friend walked in and goes wtf.

Once I was pissing in my friend when a few had I'd and my sink wtf goes in and walked.
Quote by Ichimaru
Well if you wrote it, I'm pretty sure that counts as 'oringall'.

But I don't know if the idea already existed before I wrote it.
Honestly, I think it's been done before
can vaguely remember some show where a writer was arrested, because the detectives investigate murders which are very similar to what he wrote in his books

maybe not in this adaptation, so go for it! you never know!
NEW! Never before seen on UG!
<< This sig space is for hire! >>
Call now and get a 10% discount!
First callers also get a plastic fork*!

*While supplies last.
Quote by JamesDouglas
But I don't know if the idea already existed before I wrote it.

That doesn't mean it isn't original. Original means you didn't copy it off someone else.
EDIT: Ok maybe not, but I doubt whoever you wrote it for will care.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
and another thing:

it's very difficult being original nowadays,
if you can wrap an existing idea into a fresh new coat, most people will not notice
NEW! Never before seen on UG!
<< This sig space is for hire! >>
Call now and get a 10% discount!
First callers also get a plastic fork*!

*While supplies last.
Quote by Ichimaru
That doesn't mean it isn't original. Original means you didn't copy it off someone else.
EDIT: Ok maybe not, but I doubt whoever you wrote it for will care.

I think I may have copied it without knowing I did, like, subconsciously copying. Like when you write a melody on guitar just to realise it already is a song.

Though from the comments so far it would seem I'm more or less in the clear.
To be honest it sounds pretty generic, nothing is original these days. Give it a good unexpected ending and it should be original enough for todays standards.

The truth hurts, but denial is what kills you.

Member #2 of the Fight Club Clan.
PM AndrewSchaeffer to join.