Poll: Is eating meat wrong?
Poll Options
View poll results: Is eating meat wrong?
Yes
144 6%
No
2140 91%
Undecided
77 3%
Voters: 2362.
Page 1 of 56
Quote by BassmasterGreg
An age old queston is killing an animal then eating it wrong? or is it in our nature to do so?

no

you're an absolute moron if you think it is.
Well I guess we should lock up all the predators in the world because eating animals is wrong.
Everyone becomes a genius when they join UG
For food? No. For fun? Yes.

With that said, I'm not going to argue about it.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
No.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Righto. You're officially the best person ever.
Thanks babe.

Paine of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM metacarpi, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

SSBB FC: 0645 - 5498 - 0197
Quote by ..NEM..

so you're saying we shouldn't play with our food?
Why would it be wrong? If you haven't noticed, animals eat meat.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Its the food chain. It is perfectly fine.
Quote by tymatt67
kinky = using a feather , perverted = using whole chicken.

Quote by CrazyDavey
no

you're an absolute moron if you think it is.

What about if i'm vegan? people have different points of view.
Quote by Sora 01
its the circle of lifeeeeee

we die?fertilize the grass> the cows eat the grass>we eat the cows, and alll over againnn

South park by any chance?
Quote by BassmasterGreg

I repeat.

We have canines for a reason. To eat meat.
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
No. You can disagree with the methods involved in food production, but eating meat itself is completely natural.
Quote by Sora 01
its the circle of lifeeeeee

we die?fertilize the grass> the cows eat the grass>we eat the cows, and alll over againnn

Do cows graze in cemeteries up in Scotland or do you just dump the corpse of your loved ones in the nearest field?

An no eating meat is not wrong in my opinion.
Quote by Dæmönika
Quote by italynlprkn
yo tambien
What the hell's a tambien?
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
its like basic math. 1 + -1 = 1
nope. if somebody doesn't want to for their own personal reasons, that's fine. if they try to tell other people it's wrong, they're morons.
It's part of animal nature, and believe it or not we are all animals, just more intelligent than the other ones. We are omnivores, we must eat both meat and vegetables.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Quote by BassmasterGreg

Sure, you don't have to eat meat, as you have the freedom not to, but its a personal opinion if you think that, and it doesn't make it 'wrong' for everyone.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Quote by ..NEM..

+1
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Yes. Don't bring in the food chain. I would hate to be eaten, so I imagine animals would feel exactly the same way.

Hence I don't eat meat.

And yes we have canines, but we also have tonsils, which have no use. (I'm probably wrong on the last point but I know us humans have some things which are completely useless.)
I don't think its wrong, but I would only do it if I really needed to, which I don't.

EDIT: Really needing to means no other food supply and I will die if i don't eat it.
If music was the food of love I'd be a fat romantic slob.
this is a silly question. of course its not wrong.
cow tastes good.
endangered species taste extra good.
My red is so confident that he flashes trophies of war and
ribbons of euphoria
Animals: Fun to pet, MORE fun to chew.
Quote by buddha
isnt there a law against not shaving? thats somewere in our constitution. i think it goes something like a girl maybe be a freak in the sheets but no be wild down stairs is treason and for that she will be beheaded.-good old Benjamin F.

Quote by Regression
Yes. Don't bring in the food chain. I would hate to be eaten, so I imagine animals would feel exactly the same way.

Hence I don't eat meat.

And yes we have canines, but we also have tonsils, which have no use. (I'm probably wrong on the last point but I know us humans have some things which are completely useless.)

The thing about being eaten is that you don't actually survive long enough to hate it.
(Human) Meat eaters are stupid.

1 - A human is more of a herbivore then a carnivore. Look at meat eating animals, like dogs and cats, with herbivores - like monkies and chimps. Which ones are more like us?
(There's many really good sites that explains scientifically that humans should not be easting meat). BTW, our canines are NOTHING like those of carnivores.

2 - A vegetarian is generally more environmentally friendly, as less CO2 is used, and more food can be produced. If we all stopped farming animals (as we have to farm food, which is feed to the animals, using a large amount on field space to produce LESS food that the field can produce if it was just fruit and veg), we could the entire world many times over - no more food problems.

3 - Pigs are smarter then 3 year olds. I've never seen three year olds being sold in a butcher shop? Most animals are extremely smart.

4- Meat is not always healthy. High blood pressure? Fat in arteries?
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
No. I think the methods of killing them are wrong, but that can't really be changed due to the amount that's needed and that if they made it so that we had to hunt our own food, with a population this size it would be chaos and everything would go extinct.
Quote by freedoms_stain
I'm going to eat chicken and pig today.

oh boy oh boy oh boy!

I've had my pig and my chicken is in the oven
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Eating meat is fine, it's the way some of the animals are treated that's f*cked up.

And just killing them in general. I can't remember the fact exactly but before getting slaughtered, over 50% of pigs die from heart attacks because they know what is going to happen.

And when a pig has a heart attack they can't use the meat because it changes something or rather. So lots of pigs die for absolutely nothing.
Quote by Regression

Hence I don't eat meat.

name an animal that is self-aware. also, we are the dominant species, so it's our job. we're the top predator on this planet. most of us take advantage of that, and eat meat.

Quote by Regression
And just killing them in general. I can't remember the fact exactly but before getting slaughtered, over 50% of pigs die from heart attacks because they know what is going to happen.

And when a pig has a heart attack they can't use the meat because it changes something or rather. So lots of pigs die for absolutely nothing.

source?