right so my little sister wants to learn guitar. i have a les paul copy but she finds it to heavy to play and a bit akward. i was thinking a fender strat would be good any ideas, she's 12. i play bass so am not to sure and for an amp one of those littl orange amps like 15 watts are they any good cause she really likes the look of them.

Any help would be great .
thanks
the orange solid state crush thing is pretty bad
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Martin DC-16RE Premium

Fender Snakeskin Champ 12
Quote by O-52-A-50-R
but if I were you I wouldn't trust an orange amp!

one of the dumbest statements i've seen in quite some time.

however, the crush is pretty decent and i don't think she'll need anything amazing anyways... not at this point at least, so go for it. and a strat is always a good standard.
thanks and for people who dont like the orange amp what else do u suggestshe doesnt need any thing huge 5-15 watts is more than enough i reckon
Orange Tiny Terror is a 15 Watt Tube, and its pretty Good. Blackheart Little Giant is 5 Watts.

For a Starter Guitar id Recomend an Epiphone G400 if she doesnt like heavy Guitars, or possibly a Ibanez SZ Series (the S Trem might cause problems, go fixed). Im not sure about the Price on either, but its cheaper then a Fender Strat. shouldnt run you more than a couple hundred.
^ she's a beginner dude, the tiny terror is a helluva expensive begginer amp.

Get her a microcube. Cheap, versitile, decent sound for practice, won't make her sick of the tone and wanting another amp in <6 months.

As for guitar, I'd go for a low end Ibanez. They're generally pretty light, can be got for a decent price/quality ratio, suit a lot of styles.

How determined is she? All in all it might be better to get her a half decent electro acoustic that will cost less initially and you won't waste cash on an amp that'll gather dust in a few months.
Quote by freedoms_stain
^ she's a beginner dude, the tiny terror is a helluva expensive begginer amp.

Get her a microcube. Cheap, versitile, decent sound for practice, won't make her sick of the tone and wanting another amp in <6 months.

As for guitar, I'd go for a low end Ibanez. They're generally pretty light, can be got for a decent price/quality ratio, suit a lot of styles.

How determined is she? All in all it might be better to get her a half decent electro acoustic that will cost less initially and you won't waste cash on an amp that'll gather dust in a few months.

once she gets into something she will only get better she plays piano and is grade 5 and practising all the time.ya and nothing big for the amp and i asked her and she mainly likes the strat and sg shapes from what shes looked at

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/page/shop/flypage/product_id/12745
is this the amp you mean
Last edited by fatgoogle at May 24, 2008,
i have one of those amps^. they are really versatile and arent too loud. check out the vox ad15vt though so she can play with the effects
what about "a zoom pedal"? i saw an offer on dolphin music for one with a orange 15 watt amp within a price range will that give enough effects
I've got a Zoom. It's okay, but I'm growing unsatisfied with it.
I don't think she needs effects right now.
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
aw man dont get a strat. i freakin regret it. there are way better guitars at cheaper. unless you're talking about squiers which i never recommend anyone to buy
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Guitar Center lets you try instruments before you buy them. This way she can find one she likes that isn't too heavy.
Get her a modeling unit like Line 6 POD or BOSS GT as amp. She needs to learn the basics of effects and amp first.

For light guitar if budget is not a problem then I would recommend Ibanez S series or why not try out a Hagstrom XL out? They both have very thin neck and I think would be good for your sister's small hand.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R