I'm thinking of getting a POD for effects and some distortion and hook it to this amp.
Would I still be able to get that tube cranked up sound with this?
The reason why i choose this amp because they said it would be able to cranked up at low volume. If a modeling unit can't do that then I think I would go for the Little Giant instead for better speaker.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

You'll get a decent tone, but its not going to quite be the same. Distortion from a POD isn't going to sound as good as natural tube overdrive, but itll be good if you dont have a bunch of cash ready to spend.

If you've got the money, the B-52 AT-112 is a great amp. It can play anything from blues to classic rock to metal, and has a tri-mode rectifier which allows you to get that tubey goodness at low volumes. Last I checked its 529 USD.
But I should be able to 'crank' the amp with clean tone from the POD, right?

ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by hminh87
But I should be able to 'crank' the amp with clean tone from the POD, right?

There's almost no headroom from a one-watt tube amp...you'll get breakup and then overdrive without having to turn it up very loud at all. I'd suggest the little giant, which will have much more headroom.
Quote by MortifiedLizard
There's almost no headroom from a one-watt tube amp...you'll get breakup and then overdrive without having to turn it up very loud at all. I'd suggest the little giant, which will have much more headroom.

It's going to be a bedroom amp only. A cranked Little Giant might be too loud for me. There's so little reviews of this amp since it's so new...*sigh*

ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by hminh87
It's going to be a bedroom amp only. A cranked Little Giant might be too loud for me. There's so little reviews of this amp since it's so new...*sigh*

Are you using the POD as just a supplement, or is your main tone coming from the POD? If that's the case, then I don't see why you couldn't just get a small bedroom SS amp with a half-decent clean channel to use.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden