ive heard mixed reviews about them. how would something such as a line 6 floor pod sound through my hot rod?

and are there better multi effects pedals for under 300?

im thinking that maybe one of these is the best choice instead of buying a huge pedalboard, but i might be wrong.

thoughts?
first you've gotta think about what effects you really need. I know that many guitarists get a bunch of things they think they need, and screw around with these new pedals, but then the novelty wears off and they sit in the corner. I'm slightly guilty of this myself, as my Big Muff and Turbo Tube Screamer don't see much use (until I go back to college next year and can't bring my marshall. My Fender Pro Junior will see one of those pedals hooked up).

So think about if you really need all those effects, or if a small number (like a delay and your EHX) on a little pedalboard might be wiser.
_______
|||||||||||||||
Quote by sidvicious182
also, if i get a multi effects pedal, can i run my other pedals through my amp too?

Yes.

What pedals do you already own and why do you want a MFX? Ask yourself these questions before you get one because usually the effects aren't as good as single pedals.
Got on the bus with me daysavaaaa
basically, i have a distortion and a harmonizer.

i want a flanger, reverb, chorus, phaser, and a wah. maybe some better distortion? i figure buying a bunch of decent pedals would be expensive.
dude, the pedals you should get appart are the wah and the distortion, cuz those are the FX that normaly suck on a multi FX.

Your Hot Rod has reverb doesnt it? then you dont need one.

the chorus, phaser, flanger, etc can be achieved by a multi FX, but dont get a cheap digitech one, cuz the chorus sounds like a delay, the phaser sounds like ass, and the flanger is the same as the phaser. and, try the floor pod or the vox thingy
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
A Multi Effects Pedal, a good one at least, will Sound alright. But nothing Spectacular. the Distortion on it wont be as Good as a Dedicated Distortion Pedal, the Wah wont be as Good as a Wah Pedal etc.

if your on a budget and need a lot of effects, they are good. if your buying it just for a wah and a phaser or something like that, buy seperate. Hope that Helps.
I enjoy multi-effect pedals for practicing and learning about effects (which ones sound good with others). Eventually it would be good to get single effects once you figure out what your favorite ones are and which ones you find yourself using the most.

I use distortion a lot along with a chorus quite often so I've bought those as single effects.
Ibanez S520EX
Fender Telecaster MIM
Crate GLX65
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
Boss DS-1 Distortion
DOD FX-55B Supra Distortion
Dunlop Crybaby
Digitech RP350
Quote by Tubyboulin
A Multi Effects Pedal, a good one at least, will Sound alright. But nothing Spectacular.

That's because you haven't heard the Adrenalin III by Roger Linn. I have one but it ain't cheap.

The Boss ME-50 sells for around $300 which is quite decent but boring. The Adrenalin III sells for $375 and walks all over the ME-50 or most any others.

http://www.rogerlinndesign.com/products/adrenalinn3/adrenalinn3.shtml
the thing is multi-effects aren't just for effects, they completely change your sound as they give amp modeling and eq settings/
tbh they are very flat, thin, and digital.
sound horrible imo.. there's a few that are ok but still don't sound that great.. I have this ****ty pod 2.0 I never use and this microcube gets better tone.

the effects usually suck too compared to the real deal.. ok for beginners to play around with but if you're not and are more serious about having effects you're better off getting individual pedals..
cost alot more but definatley worth saving up.
Korg ax3000g is quite frankly amazing.
I use it for all my effects bar distortion. (i use my amps)
Quote by TechnicolorType
the thing is multi-effects aren't just for effects, they completely change your sound as they give amp modeling and eq settings/
tbh they are very flat, thin, and digital.
sound horrible imo.. there's a few that are ok but still don't sound that great.. I have this ****ty pod 2.0 I never use and this microcube gets better tone.

the effects usually suck too compared to the real deal.. ok for beginners to play around with but if you're not and are more serious about having effects you're better off getting individual pedals..
cost alot more but definatley worth saving up.

So how exactly do you explain Line 6's HUGE list of professional guitarists using PODs. Hm?
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
it depends how much you need the effects for. if you want like a delay with chorus for a new song you want to learn, then don't use them for a long time, then buying separate pedals probably wouldn't ideal. or if you just want just a whole bunch of stuff to modify your tone then get a MFX, but if you want quality tone coming out of your amp for specific sounds than get single pedals.

MFX definitely dont sound bad at all, if you know how to use them, they're also cheaper.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.