im replacing the tubes for my b-52 at-100. i got it used and it has ****y china tubes in it that are very used. im gonna get tung sol preamp but how many do i need? the manual says 6x 12ax7's. i know the 12 ax7's are the type of tube i want, does that mean i need six? it dusnt look like it though. also is it worth it replacing the rest of them? they are all very used (reverb, power, and rectifier). and last, do i just pull the tubes out? is it that simple to uninstall and install. dont refer me to the tube sticky ive already looked. thank you.
Hmmm last I heard tung sol is chinese. If the manual says you need 6 12ax7s then thats how many your gonna need to buy. Dont know what kind of power amp tubes it uses.
^ What, no? Tung-Sol are manufactured in Russia under New Sensor corp., the same company who own Svetlana S-Logo and Mullard these days, and they make excellent tubes, Tung-Sol are renowned as some of, if not the, best preamp tubes about.

And yes, it's exactly that simple.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Tbh my post was actually directed at the guy above you, but as long as I got my point across then it's all good.

The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.