ok so i bought this shirt and the person disactivated the alarm but didnt take it off so i was wondering if anyone had any ideas of how to take the alarm off without ruining the shirt cuz there is an ink cartridge on it so if it breaks the ink spills all over the shirt.
I think a magnet will work but yeah take it back to be sure.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
They use a magnetic thing to get it off. Think it would need more than just a magnet for you to do it though.

Take it to a local shop and explain what happened?
Take a gamble. Maybe the ink will make it look better
Failing that try putting a cover over the shirt where the ink would spill to avoid getting it on the shirt, then take it off.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
if you use a sharp knife to cut the little metal bit in the join the ink doesn't come out - only if you rip the metal out of the plastic bit.
Last edited by jmilli2 at May 24, 2008,
Erm, try taking it to a clothes shop nearby and tell them what happened. They might have a similar alarm-remover thing.
Edit: It might help if you have the reciept for the shirt with you.
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Last edited by add45 at May 24, 2008,
Quote by add45
Erm, try taking it to a clothes shop nearby and tell them what happened. They might have a similar alarm-remover thing.

This, if it wasn't stolen.
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
You stole a shirt lolz

If you didn't steal it and the cashier was just incredibly stupid, take the receipt to a local store, it'll prove you bought it..
Google has some good ways.

Or post a picture. I'll tell you if it's an ink tag or an alarm/security tag.
Freeze the ink in the tag in the freezer and then force it off. That will insure no ink gets on your shirt, but make sure it's completely frozen before trying.
Yeah that happened to me once when I was buying stuff. I ended up setting about 7 different shops alarms off before noticing and going back to get the tag off.