I recently bought a traynor YCV50 blue custom. Really good amp. Kinda muddy at low volumes but at about 50% it gets sparkly.

Well anyways now it's time to look for a new guitar cause my cheap start copy doesn't do the amp any justice. I'm playing through my friend's MIM start with Texas Specials in it. Amazing cleans but it's kinda weak when it comes to a bit more gainy stuff. I usually play stuff like Hendrix, Zeppelin, SRV, Rush, Floyd, a lot of progressive stuff. I do play some heavier stuff like 'tallica, Opeth and some DT once in a while. I need to work sparkly cleans but still have some gain. The amp can handle it. When i was trying it out in the store I was playing through a Gibson LP and the amp could pull off heavier stuff perfectly.

So the thing is, I NEED to have good cleans and good gain, I'm all set in the amp zone, I just need to find a decent guitar that will be able to pull it off. I'm open to buying used, and pup swaps.

Price range is about 500 Canadian.
For that, you'd not get a great amount I believe.

Try looking for an Epi. LP Standard or Custom & a pup switch with something like SD P-Rails, get them split by a 3-way switch & you have Humbucker, Single Coil & P-90 coming from it.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
I was excited about the p-rails but from what I've heard from the reviews(they always milk the product in reviews) The pickups isn't best for much, it sounds really muddy and the cleans were kind of sterile. Would buying a mexican strat and then modding the **** out of it be a good idea?
I say an Epi LP standard plain top with new pickups.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at May 24, 2008,
If you still upgraded the pickups, yes.

Go for rails in an SSS layout or get a HSH for a better sound from the humbucker.
Again get them splitable for the Single-Coil & humbucker sound.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do