I have a Boss Metal Zone MT-2 pedal and it's giving me a lot of problems right now. When I press it down the light turns on but shuts off once released. Sometimes it will stay on but there won't be any distortion coming out of the amp. All the volume is checked, guitar and amp turned up, pedal is turned up. Not sure what's wrong with it. Basically how can I fix it?

I am NOT out of batteries! I have replaced it with brand new Energizer batteries and the same thing happens. Can't think of what else it could be... I've had it for a while too.
Suggestion: Return it to the store, and get the Electro Harmonix Metal Muff(the big one, not the micro or nano)

Seriously, its soooo much better.
Plus I dont know you could fix the MT-2
Quote by Pyrofretnic
Suggestion: Return it to the store, and get the Electro Harmonix Metal Muff(the big one, not the micro or nano)

Seriously, its soooo much better.
Plus I dont know you could fix the MT-2

It's old and I got it from my friend a while ago so I don't think I can take it back to a store as I don't know which store it was from.
Is the little rubber stopper thing on the Pedal broken?
--"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."--
Quote by Mynabull
Is the little rubber stopper thing on the Pedal broken?

Check this. You can build it back up with scrap paper/cardboard/pennies/whatever.
here this will help:

1. Throw Metal Zone on to a busy highway.
2. Go to your local music store
3. Buy a pedal that's actually worth using or get a killer amp since natural distortion > all
4. Rejoice
Quote by TechnicolorType
here this will help:

3. Buy a pedal that's actually worth using or get a killer amp since natural distortion > all
4. Rejoice
Or he could mod his existing pedal for < than the price of a new one.
yeah, but if he's a dummie like me he doesn't have a choice.

I tried learning how to mod pedals and I couldn't find a way how.. I need like a step by step guide
Quote by TechnicolorType
here this will help:

3. ?????
4. Profit!

Fixed.

Anyways, Metal Zones are abominations to metal. Try and sell it, and buy something better. Preferably save up for a nice tube amp.
The problem with the Metal Zone is that it has metal in it's name, and it's overpriced. With a SS amp, a good ear, and knowing how to use those sweepable mids, it'd be a decent middle of the road general distortion. But calling it the Metal Zone really screwed them over. It's not well suited for the genre it's named after. Not bright thinking.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by BaffAttack
The problem with the Metal Zone is that it has metal in it's name, and it's overpriced. With a SS amp, a good ear, and knowing how to use those sweepable mids, it'd be a decent middle of the road general distortion. But calling it the Metal Zone really screwed them over. It's not well suited for the genre it's named after. Not bright thinking.

Yup. General rule of thumb is that if something has metal in it's name, it's probably not good for metal.
I traded a cheaper wah for it. But yeah I'm in the market for a decent tube amp half stack ( used probably ) for about $800 to compliment my new rr3! Jobs are awesome.
Quote by Seef
I traded a cheaper wah for it. But yeah I'm in the market for a decent tube amp half stack ( used probably ) for about $800 to compliment my new rr3! Jobs are awesome.

For 800$ you're probably better off getting a combo. Yes, you can get some decent stacks (Windsor, Valveking, Bugera?), but it's usually a better idea to get a combo under 1500$ or something.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by Fama
For 800$ you're probably better off getting a combo. Yes, you can get some decent stacks (Windsor, Valveking, Bugera?), but it's usually a better idea to get a combo under 1500$ or something.

Even for gigging?
Quote by Seef
Even for gigging?

Yes - you'll probably be miced anyway, so it doesn't matter. And even if you won't be, a 50 watt tube amp is loud enough for those cases. I'd say get a 50/100 watt combo, you can get higher quality that way.

Edit: I'm not saying stacks are useless or anything, it's just that for that 800, you can get a head for what, 500? And spend the 300 on a cab. Or get a combo for 800. And combo and head versions of the same amp usually cost about as much, so you're choosing between a 800 dollar and a 500 dollar amp. A combo is also easier to transport (some combos are pretty awkward to carry, but you can probably get someone to help you with it).
Quote by Lunchbox362
Last edited by Fama at May 24, 2008,
my friends peavey 5150 combo was a monster to carry up 3 flights of stairs.. He had hurt his back really bad (hobbling around on a cane) so i had to do it myself.

no easy feat for a skinny 120 lb asian guy..
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Kivarenn82
my friends peavey 5150 combo was a monster to carry up 3 flights of stairs.. He had hurt his back really bad (hobbling around on a cane) so i had to do it myself.

no easy feat for a skinny 120 lb asian guy..

Exactly. You should carry heavy combos together with a friend if possible. However, while it might seem that a stack is easier to carry, a 412 isn't really easier. A quarterstack (212 + head) would really be optimal I guess. It's not a bad idea, but on a small(ish) to medium budget I suggest looking at combos first.
Quote by Lunchbox362