Hey, im looking for a new amp for bedroom levels, maybe a school hall gigging level but its gotta sound good with headphones in because my neighbour is a complete ****er (my headphones are Sennheisser H202 which my sisters boyfriend stole from work). I play stuff like Radiohead, Bloc Party, Editors to Megadeth, Metallica but not raging towards heavy metal or death metal. Would like it to use pedals aswell, because generally amp distortion is a bit mehish....

The local music store guy suggested a Laney LC15R

Budget is about £200 and im open to any suggstions, no preference in tube, valve, SS or whatever

Thanks
My metal is more br00t4lz than yours

Gear:
Squier Strat
ESP B-10 Bass
Peavey Backstage
Last edited by Taylor704 at May 24, 2008,
Well, you can't use a tube amp with headphones. Unfortunately, that won't stop most of UG from recommending tube amps.

Roland Cube 60?
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by MortifiedLizard
Well, you can't use a tube amp with headphones. Unfortunately, that won't stop most of UG from recommending tube amps.

Roland Cube 60?

Unless you purchase an attuenuator
Quote by Kayfan
Unless you purchase an attuenuator

True, I forgot about that. Forgive me.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
You dont really need to use headphones, just dont get something huge. I dont know anything about prices in the UK, but the Valveking 112 is good, and for a bit more cash the B-52 AT-112 is absolutely incredible.

Neither have headphones, but the volume doesn't jump straight from 0 to way too loud.
You sure that Valveking would be good at low bedroom levels? Seriously, the amp cant be any louder than my TV otherwise next door gets his knickers in a twist

Gear:
Squier Strat
ESP B-10 Bass
Peavey Backstage
Quote by MortifiedLizard

Roland Cube 60?

cubes aren't pedal-friendly.. even if their distortion > pedals.
Peavey Valveking Royal 8 + overdrive is good. It has a headphone jack too.

The Cube would be a good choice too if you needed more volume.
I suggest a 5150 with halfstack....... Quiet as a mouse it is...

I kid i kid....

Check out a rack modeler or a boss multi effects pedal. That way you can have good cab emulation and have plenty of effects to keep ya busy.
Yeah but i thought once i buy this practise bedroom amp then i'll be done with it and i wont need to buy a multi effects pedal and an amp

Gear:
Squier Strat
ESP B-10 Bass
Peavey Backstage
Quote by Taylor704
Yeah but i thought once i buy this practise bedroom amp then i'll be done with it and i wont need to buy a multi effects pedal and an amp

Ahhh, thought you wanted headphone type setup only... In that case get yourself a roland.
but the people that posted earlier said Roland amps wont handle pedals well which i what im gonna get after i get like a cheap multi effects pedal

Gear:
Squier Strat
ESP B-10 Bass
Peavey Backstage
Quote by Taylor704
but the people that posted earlier said Roland amps wont handle pedals well which i what im gonna get after i get like a cheap multi effects pedal

Rolands have effects built in so no need for the pedals.
Effects built into the amp generally arent as good as pedals, and pedals add for alot more freedom with the effect.

Been looking at Laneys, the LC15R and the LX30 but the stores near me only have high end stuff like Hughes and Kettner, and the stuff around my price range like the Vox AD30VT apparently cant take pedals well

Gear:
Squier Strat
ESP B-10 Bass
Peavey Backstage
You're not going to find an amp that does all three - good with pedals, loud enough for gigging, headphones.

2 out of 3 is your best bet, if it was me I'd be forgetting about headphones.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i'll drop the loud enough for gigging bit, just something that gets my sounds and handles pedals alright, not magnificantly but if it works then it does the job

Gear:
Squier Strat
ESP B-10 Bass
Peavey Backstage