Page 1 of 2
Saw REM last night and it was amazing (opened by modest mouse), Eddie vedder's solo show was great too a month or so ago. Looking forward to seeing mark knopfler in july.

So what bands have you seen, and who puts on the best show?
saw big d and rancid about a year and a half ago, awesome
#18 Ramones Worshipper RAMONES PM hardrock1315 to join.

reality is only an illusion created by lack of alcohol

emo is punk on estragen
Best gig i've ever been to was Green Day at MK, there live show is the best you can get.

Aiden are a **** band but their good live

And The Ting Tings, there wicked live. And Katie Whites hot
I saw Iron Maiden in March, and it was the best show I've seen. Second would be Aerosmith, then Ozzy.
Quote by Andron17
Best gig i've ever been to was Green Day at MK, there live show is the best you can get.

I was there too Wouldn't say it was the best gig I've been to though.
Dream Theater at Wembley last year were amazing. Great songs, musicianship and showmanship. Still, I can't say it was the best gig ever...
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
Nothing can beat the Living End in my opinion, between the beer-slide solos, standing on the double-bass, and plain old amazingness.

But Big D was pretty close all three times, especially on their headlining tour when I was in the front row. Man, they were on that night.
If only summer rain would fall, on the houses and the boulevards
And the sidewalk bagatelles, it's like a dream
With the roar of cars and the lulling of the cafe bars,
The sweetly sleeping sweeping of the Seine...
Vandals, first punk show and so far the best I've been to. algong with streetdogs when they played with bad religion
I saw Suicide Silence, August Burns Red, Darkest Hour, and Unearth. August burns red put on an amazing show, then unearth finished it off.
I saw Every Time I Die, Poison the Well, and Maylene and The Sons of Disaster at the Wiltern.
It was cool but we left before underoath played
Rob Zombie and Ozzy last fall. Mostly Rob Zombie though. I had nosebleed seats but i could feel their energy all the way up there. Truly the best stage presence i've seen.
Quote by WaggyPlank
so yeah, now i have poop floating around in my ballsack.
Forgot to say i saw The Trews earlier this month! They were great, rides again opened, and daniel wesley who had social distortion's drummer
PANTERA it was a long long time ago best show ever
I punched so many people that night

I saw Wu-Tang not to long ago it was ok I guess
Quote by RiseAgainst
Rob Zombie and Ozzy last fall. Mostly Rob Zombie though. I had nosebleed seats but i could feel their energy all the way up there. Truly the best stage presence i've seen.

Zombie really does have crazy presence. I was pretty close when I saw him about 2 years ago and we could feel the heat from the fire. Everything about his show was great.

The most fun I've had at a show was probably the 2nd time I saw Badfish. I discovered the Bastard Suns there and the show was just really fun. It always is at a Badfish gig though. I highly recommend paying the 10 bucks to see them if you get the chance and like Sublime.
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
for me it's a toss up between Dream Theater (supported by Symphony X) or either of the 2 times I've seen Paul Gilbert (Suck it hells!)
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

Either Subhumans or The Ergs.

Quote by filthandfury
I saw Big D and the SEARCH BAR last night at the Underworld, pretty good gig.

Big D are amazing live, they covered Little Bitch when I saw them and everyone was shouting the words and skanking, so much fun.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by StreetLight3989
Either Subhumans or The Ergs.

Big D are amazing live, they covered Little Bitch when I saw them and everyone was shouting the words and skanking, so much fun.

Yeah, they did last night too. It was mostly stuff off their new album, but did Little Bitch (The Specials), Hurry Up Harry (Sham 69), New England (Jonathan Richman), and a few of their older tracks.
Quote by filthandfury
Yeah, they did last night too. It was mostly stuff off their new album, but did Little Bitch (The Specials), Hurry Up Harry (Sham 69), New England (Jonathan Richman), and a few of their older tracks.

They played mostly stuff off Strictly Rude when I saw them, which was awesome. If I remember correctly they only played Little Bitch as a cover. They played some old stuff like L.A.X, Those Kids Suck, and My Girlfriend's On Drugs.
ive seen motörhead 3 times

and i was at the foo fighter's concert at hyde park in 2006. saw motörhead the second time there. missed quotsa though. only caught the last song, heard about two trying to find the entrance!
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Pearl Jam in 2006 , it was the first time they played Belgium , the venue has a capacity of 12000 people and it was sold in like 2 hours.

It was absolutley amazing!
+ the who & qotsa where also great
Quote by StreetLight3989
They played mostly stuff off Strictly Rude when I saw them, which was awesome. If I remember correctly they only played Little Bitch as a cover. They played some old stuff like L.A.X, Those Kids Suck, and My Girlfriend's On Drugs.

I think we both got the same set
I saw Muse.

I don't think any concert is going to rival that, unless I saw them again.

Dream Theater was pretty awesome too.
Quote by filthandfury
I think we both got the same set

Nice, it was a great set when I saw it !
I saw Avenged with Coheed like 2 years ago..and this year in March I went to Taste of Chaos..it was awesome..especially the J-rock bands..I know a lot of people on here hate A7X for some reason..so please don't kill me..

I'm going to Mayhemfest twice in August..can't wait..that'll probably be the best show..
Her friends are gazing on her,
And on her gaudy bier,
And weep!-oh! to dishonor
Dead beauty with a tear!
They loved her for her wealth-
And they hated her for her pride-
But she grew in feeble health,
And they love her-that she died.
Quote by MisspentYouth
Nothing can beat the Living End in my opinion, between the beer-slide solos, standing on the double-bass, and plain old amazingness.

I saw them with Less Than Jake, Dropkick Murphys and Billy No Mates, and they blew me away. Less Than Jake were still slightly better though - easily the best live band I've seen yet.

I'd also say Sebastian Bach was incredible when I saw him a couple of years ago.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
BB King last November (seeing him again in a couple weeks!!!) and Thrice in February are my top 2. Elvis Costello solo last October is an honorable mention.
Hey, I'm Mike.
Van Halen in December 07
Ozzy and Rob Zombie October 07
Foo Fighters July 08

Ok... so i haven't gone to the Foo yet lol but i predict it will be awesome.
I saw Bruce Springsteen last march, and I made it into the front row! I was right by Clarence Clemons and Nils Lofgren
RHCP for their stadium arcadium tour or trans-siberian orchestra

EDIT: or of course RUSH a few weeks ago
Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
Muse.
Thomas hopes to not have offended anyone with this post. No responsibility whatsoever is taken for any spelling or grammar mistakes, should there be any.

last.fm
Aaaah, Guns N' Roses, Iron Maiden, RHCP, Anti-Flag. I dunno who was the best, they were just a few stand out shows
Bass Player
Quote by Bayonetwork
Zombie really does have crazy presence. I was pretty close when I saw him about 2 years ago and we could feel the heat from the fire. Everything about his show was great.

The most fun I've had at a show was probably the 2nd time I saw Badfish. I discovered the Bastard Suns there and the show was just really fun. It always is at a Badfish gig though. I highly recommend paying the 10 bucks to see them if you get the chance and like Sublime.
I saw Rob Zombie when he was touring Hellbilly Deluxe. I caught a drumsyick, and got covered in fake blood.
Roger Waters was the best show I have ever been to. No music has touched me as much as Pink Floyd's and when I got to see him play all my favourite songs it was amazing.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Black Crusade, right at the front, my god, that night was just perfect, every band was fun, even dragonforce, who i dislike on the record, but yeah, my top 3 bands played that night too, i want it again
Page 1 of 2