Can someone give me a link to a reliable chord chart?
I need something i can print with all the chords on it. Im sure this would be useful for a lot of other beginners.

Please and thank you
www.justinguitar.com go to the chord section and take a look at the CAGED system, get started on that as soon as possible, he does a really good job explaining it on this site
I have looked and i have found some charts like this. It would be nice if they were a little bigger to print but thats not a problem.
The problem is I find chord charts that contradict eachother and have different fingering for the same chord.
you should only use this for open chords really...if you you learn barr chords, just learn the standard ones (like maj7, m7, dominant 7th m7b5 etc.) and learn the pattern for those chords with the root note on the e and a string. Then it's important to know where all the notes on the fretboard are, and you're good to go.
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Quote by A Tua Prima
I was looking for a chart with more chords than the very basic and beginner ones.

Okkkayyyy. The postar I have has over 100 chords on it. I figured that would do me.

Basic....pppfffttt.

Chris
Quote by RCShadow
Okkkayyyy. The postar I have has over 100 chords on it. I figured that would do me.

Basic....pppfffttt.

Chris

Since there are over 20,000 chords, your 100 chart is pretty basic when it comes right down to it. Now add a 7th string to the mix, and you get how many chord combinations? More than I care to try to learn in a lifetime that's for sure!
But, as for a quickie reference, that poster is pretty good. I see it all the time myself at wally world. Not quite sure why I haven't bought it yet.
I thought he wanted to print something for reference. FORMING chords with 5th's, 7th's, etc., etc., etc. is theory and I doubt it could be printed with all the variations. If he was seeking theory I'd understand, otherwise...come on.

Chris
Quote by LeftyDave
Since there are over 20,000 chords, your 100 chart is pretty basic when it comes right down to it.

For that you want the 20,000 chord wallpaper.
Quote by A Tua Prima
Ive been to this site before but i wasnt sure if the chords were right. This is where all the chord charts are not just E to G:
http://www.firstact.com/Support/TuneandPlay/Resources/ChordCharts.aspx

Are the chords accurate??

It seems accurate to me, but I'm not %100 percent positive unfortunately
Quote by O-52-A-50-R
It seems accurate to me, but I'm not %100 percent positive unfortunately

Thank you! finally an answer!

Is anyone 100 percent sure if its right or wrong though?
Quote by A Tua Prima
Thank you! finally an answer!

Is anyone 100 percent sure if its right or wrong though?

You WILL find different fingerings for the same chord, that's because the same notes appear multiple times on the fretboard. Learn how to construct chords rather than simply relying on diagrams, you'll remember them a lot easier and learn new ones a lot quicker.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I used to have a chord chart poster in my room. Scales, too.

They actually helped quite a bit when I fist started playing.
Quote by Igor-g5
Try this. 1200 or so chords. I didn't actually count them.

http://www.imbf.org/resources/chords/chords/accord.pdf

You can download it and/or print it out.

Dude, get off the forums. You resurrected a thread that was almost 4 years old. Seriously, GTFO.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Exactly how many chords do you want to learn?

I support poster above... Go barre chord route.
I mean, are you really going to use even, say, 40 chords?

Serious question as I am newer myself. It got me thinking. Just how many chords can you whip out on a fretboard by memory?

Edit: damn old thread.
I have to take the skeptical side: Applying theory to the fretboard will unlock all that you need, and ultimately make chord charts of this sort a combination of confusing, limited, and unnecessary.

With an understanding of chord formation, you don't need no stinkin' chord charts. Without it, the chord charts are giving you bitlets of information without sufficient context to integrate it into a broad/general musical understanding - it is, in a sense, jumping ahead w/ particulars.
Last edited by Brainpolice2 at Apr 20, 2012,
Quote by Junior#1
Dude, get off the forums. You resurrected a thread that was almost 4 years old. Seriously, GTFO.

this^ why the F-bomb have there been so many old thread resurrections in the past few day?
Quote by Dirk Gently
Some pieces are only meant to be played by people with six fingers on their fretting hand. Sorry.
i'll give him the benefit of the doubt just this once.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com