when practising my pinch harmonics, i can hear the harmonic but it is not as loud as a regular note. Can somebody please tell me what i'm doing wrong? my guitar has 3 single coil pick-ups and i turned the distortion on, what is the problem?
I'm no genius on the subject but I think humbuckers are just better suited for pinch harmonics. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Quote by BFMV fan
when practising my pinch harmonics, i can hear the harmonic but it is not as loud as a regular note. Can somebody please tell me what i'm doing wrong? my guitar has 3 single coil pick-ups and i turned the distortion on, what is the problem?

Higher output p-ups and more distortion should do the trick. Don't overdistort though, you only need so much.
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
^you are right but pinches are still able to be clearly done on single coils

just try 'biting' harder with your finger, or using a bit more gain
and practising, lots
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
yeappp all the posts above are correct, combination of everything

u dnt NEED humbuckers but they help so ****in much for doin em
Gear:
Jackson DK2 Trans Black

Peavey 6505
Marshall 1960AV
humbuckers are better

turn ur tone and volume up full on guitar

try more gain

try a thicker or hard pick

try turning up the treble
Equipment

Jackson Dinky DKMGT
Randall RG50TC
thnx, i'll try different stuff, and it is easier to do in my friend's ibanez.
I know they sound really good when I'm using my bridge pickup. Trying turning off the other 2, and just leaving that 1 on. Bend the note when youre doing the harmonic as wellm it helps draw it out.
depending on where exactly on the string you pick, some harmonics you get are going to be louder and easier to get. try using your fretting hand up in the picking area and try to find the spots that have the loudest harmonics and then try to do your pinch harmonics in those areas
Harmonics can be heard without even being plugged in. You just have to keep practicing them until you can get better at knowing the sweet spots.
Quote by CowboyUp
Harmonics can be heard without even being plugged in. You just have to keep practicing them until you can get better at knowing the sweet spots.

+1

I can pinch on clean and they ring out well enough. Try pinching in different spots on the string until you find the sweet spots. Usually I can find two that have different pitches. (The closer to whichever pickup I'm using the higher it is.)
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
All that's been said about gain settings and pickups is fine, but remember: the real tone comes from your hands.
Quote by Avedas
All that's been said about gain settings and pickups is fine, but remember: the real tone comes from your hands.

Absolutly
Alright i'm pretty much on the same boat as BFMV Fan...

I want to do Satch harmonics.

He does them so well that it makes me want to sell my guitar on eBay.....
I just want to know HOW the hell he does that because I've been wanting to learn more satch stuff but almost every fast song includes a pinchie.

Quote by fixationdarknes
TS: One thing to keep in mind is that you have to land the pinch on different parts of the string to pick up different sounds. Test it out for each string; they're all slightly different.

I find the g-string does nice harmonics out of all the rest.
hue