omg I love this amp! I just got it today and my electric guitar won't get here til wed (I was pissed) but I couldn't wait any longer so I plugged my $200 acoustic into this amp and it sounds......GREAT!

I barely have it cranked and its already louder than my micro cube and it sounds soooo smooth.

crappy cellphone pic:

I'll post better pics in another thread once my guitar gets here.

I swear though if this amp was a woman I would propose right now though

Oh and a question, I don't have a standby switch. So how should I go about turning it on (waiting for warm-up) and stuff so I can extend the life of the tubes. I wouldn't want to mess anything up. It has an one swich between "power" and "on". When I turned it to power, it was like already good to go - seemed to take no time to warm up almost.
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Okko Dominator, Big muff pi, cs3, dd3, ch1, ts9, ad9, classic wah
Last edited by mlfarrell at May 24, 2008,
dammit I meant to post this in the electric forum

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
When your guitar is plugged into it, make sure the volume knobs are at zero, turn it on, wait a minute, then turn them up and play.
Quote by TechnicolorType
or you could just put the amp into standby..

...which it doesn't have. Did you not read what he posted? Classic 30's don't have a standby.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Congrats that's a damn fine sounding amp, looks good too.

Wish I had a tweed model.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Quote by Fama
...which it doesn't have. Did you not read what he posted? Classic 30's don't have a standby.

didn't notice the words under the picture, only read what was above
but lol classic 30s don't have standby.. odd.
Yea, turns out I luckily was smart enough to know you shouldn't power anything on with volume knobs up, then I spent about 30 second plugging my guitar in so I think I actually did it right.

Its cool how this model comes with a tube guard (older ones didn't I guess). It really brought out the full sound of my acoustic. Its crazy but I felt like a better player through that thing, and I'm not really all that good yet.

I can't wait til wednesday when my AL 3100 gets here. The thought of it sitting in a hangar makes me cringe.

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Quote by TechnicolorType
didn't notice the words under the picture, only read what was above
but lol classic 30s don't have standby.. odd.

Yep, makes me wonder if any amp actually needs a standby. Oh well, I'll still use mine
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by mlfarrell
Yea, turns out I luckily was smart enough to know you shouldn't power anything on with volume knobs up

...whattt?
NICE! I really hate that peavey changed the chassis of the amp.

Old look looked so much better
How much did you get it for? What guitar are you going to be putting through it? How high can you turn it so its still usable at home volumes?
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
Quote by dzaerpoor
How much did you get it for? What guitar are you going to be putting through it? How high can you turn it so its still usable at home volumes?

New $599 - free shipping. I went with sweetwater.com cause other sites were backordered. Awesome customer service, I actually spoke with the owner over the phone who seemed pretty cool - I had to call cause I accidentally put my billing address as the shipping address. Lightning fast shipping, I bought it friday night.

Wish I could say the same for the guitar

Guitar = Agile 3100 CSB

I had it on about 2 (out of 12) on the lead channel and 2 1/2 (out of 12) clean and both were louder than my roland micro cube. I didn't want to go higher cause my acoustic feeds back really bad and I'm not trying to howl a brand new amp.

I can only imagine it gets loud as ****. I live in a student apt complex though on the 3rd floor and my neighbors are cool so I doubt i'll have problems

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112